The most innovative outdoor gear of all time
- Next1 of 10Harry Kerr/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Biolite
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Columbia
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Sharper Image
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Hammacher Schlemmer
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Snow Peak
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of LL Bean
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Mac Sports
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Street Strider
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Hammacher Schlemmer
- The most innovative outdoor gear of all timeMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Summer Fun1 of 10
By Andie Huber & Paige Brettingen
This summer, invest in some outdoor gear that makes camping, barbecuing and beach-going easier than ever. Think coolers that don't require ice and a beach tote that filters out unwanted sand. Intrigued? Check out all nine must-have finds for a season of fun in the sun.
Grill To Go2 of 10
BioLite's portable grill lets you bring the BBQ with you. Made for wood grilling, you can skip the messy coal and tanks of propane.
SHOP NOW: BioLite portable grill, $60
The Big Chill3 of 10
This multitasking shirt provides ultraviolet protection, as well as "sweat activated cooling.” Translation: The more you perspire, the cooler the shirt gets.
SHOP NOW: Columbia's Omni-Freeze Zero, $75
Keep Your Cool4 of 10
We officially bid adieu to coolers that weigh a ton thanks to this lightweight iceless option. Made out of foam-like plastic, it will keep your goodies cold and crisp for hours.
SHOP NOW: Iceless Cooler, $40
Life's a Beach5 of 10
Stash your towels, flip-flops and sunscreen in this tote, made out of material originally developed by the military. It's designed to allow sand and dirt to filter out the bottom—leaving the beach where it belongs.
SHOP NOW: Sandless beach tote, $30
Mood Lighting6 of 10
For a little romantic ambiance in the great outdoors, bring this little lantern along. In addition to its compact cuteness (4-by-10 inches), the lantern has a "candle mode" and will flicker with the breeze.
SHOP NOW: Snow Peak Hozuki Lantern, $90
Sound Garden7 of 10
This waterproof speaker has latches that seal your MP3 player or iPhone inside, keeping your device safe from splashes.
SHOP NOW: Waterproof Speaker, $50
On a Roll8 of 10
Far more practical than those metal or wood wagons, this one can be easily folded and stashed into your car for picnics and trips to the beach. Added bonus? There's a helpful pocket organizer inside to hold smaller items.
SHOP NOW: Foldable Wagon, $63
Joy Ride9 of 10
Part bike, part elliptical trainer, this three-wheeler offers riders a choice of cruising indoors or out—a special stand turns it stationary, perfect for rainy days.
SHOP NOW: Street Strider Indoor/Outdoor Elliptical Bike, $1,600
Dog Days10 of 10
You'll never worry about Fido getting dehydrated this summer with a fountain like this in your backyard. Connect it to your garden hose and the device will automatically dispense water from the spigot when the sensor detects your pet nearby. It shuts off when your pet's done drinking.
SHOP NOW: Dog-Activated Fountain, $70