Outdoor Entertaining Tips from the Pros
- Next1 of 5Courtesy of Yifat Oren & Associates
- Previous Next2 of 5Colin Miller
- Previous Next3 of 5Miguel Flores-Vianna
- Previous Next4 of 5Dawn Giarrizzo
- Previous Next5 of 5Susan Montagna
- Outdoor Entertaining Tips from the ProsMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Pros Know Best1 of 5
Our friends at ELLE Decor have rounded up the best entertaining advice just in time for your Labor Day bash. —Glo
Looking for new ways to entertain guests outdoors this season? We asked top designers, event planners, and caterers for the ideas that they’re using for their own friends. See what David Stark, Yifat Oren, Colin Cowie, Amy Atlas, and Nathan Turner suggest to keep the menus fresh, the decor interesting, and the host (yes, you) as sane as possible.
Center of Attention2 of 5
"I like fruits and vegetables as a centerpiece. They’re big and colorful, and they won’t spoil in the heat. Take a big, gorgeous bowl, and fill it with different colors of organic tomatoes. Two days later, you’ve got a tomato salad. Three days later, it’s spaghetti sauce."
ON ELLE DECOR: Inside Reese Witherspoon's Home
For the Long Haul3 of 5
"I like keeping it simple but I would never have a bare table. I’m a huge fan of beach grasses in an old ceramic vase. It has a great texture and shape—and you don’t have to worry about it wilting in the sun."
ON ELLE DECOR: Inspiring Celebrity Living Rooms
On the Up & Up4 of 5
"Paper lanterns add a lot of color and draw your guests’ eyes up. And I love luminaries because they’re a great way to light up the night. Use them to lead guests from the entrance to the back, where you’re entertaining."
ON ELLE DECOR: Inside Courteney Cox’s Malibu Home
Stocked & Loaded5 of 5
"I’m a big believer in keeping cabinets stocked so you never have to scramble. I always have a case of Prosecco in the house, a couple cases of Corona and limes in the fridge, and a selection of olives, nuts, and dried fruits handy. If you keep all those things in the house, you can throw together a really chic and yummy party within 20 minutes. Just add beautiful platters and cutting boards to make for a great, eclectic display."
Read more outdoor entertaining tips from the pros on ELLEDecor.com