Party Planner: Holiday Entertaining
- NextWant It!1 of 12Jochen Sand/Thinkstock
- Previous Next2 of 12Thinkstock
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 12Courtesy of Nintendo
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 12Thinkstock
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 12Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 12Courtesy of Z Gallerie
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 12Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 12Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 12Courtesy of Ultimate Karaoke Superstar
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 12Courtesy of Timberland
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 12Thinkstock
- Previous Next12 of 12Thinkstock
- Party Planner: Holiday EntertainingMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Family Ties1 of 12
Everyone is in town and there are three days until the main celebration. What do you do in the meantime? Glo offers up suggestions for fun family-friendly activities and easy, no-fuss ways to execute them without spending a ton or adding to the holiday stress.
Old Family Photos2 of 12
Play “I remember when” as you go through old family photos with the generations in your family. Get new insights into your ancestry and pass on important family stories. Perhaps one of the computer-savvy youngsters of the group can start a family tree on Ancestry.com for even further discovery.
Wii Sports3 of 12
Get high-tech with your clan with some Wii Sports. Grab the controller and choose from tennis, baseball, bowling and boxing in the comfort of your own living room. It’s truly fun for the whole family.
SHOP NOW: Wii Console and Wii Sports, from $200
Volunteer4 of 12
The holidays are a perfect time to give back and volunteer in service of those less fortunate than yourself. Shelters nationwide are looking for volunteers this season to help with food drives, prepare holiday meals and donate basic necessities. Teach your children what it really means to be thankful.
GET INVOLVED: Homeless Shelter Directory
Watch Old Movies5 of 12
Order up a few old classic films from Netflix this holiday season for a trip down Hollywood movie lane. Whether you watch A Christmas Carol or Babes in Toyland, grab several blankets, whip up cocoa and some extra-buttered popcorn, and we guarantee that the whole family will be into this cozy night in.
SHOP NOW: It’s a Wonderful Life DVD, $11
Bake Off6 of 12
Grandma’s pecan praline pie takes on Aunt Dorothy’s peach cobbler. Battle lines have been drawn, and the teams have been established. In this fun family activity two teams compete in the ultimate bake-off to see who holds the title for the season. Dad and Grandpa Aubrey are the judges. So let the cooking begin!
SHOP NOW: Z Gallerie Pedestal Cake Stands, from $25
Game Night7 of 12
Call up a few neighbors and invite them over to take part in your family game night. We suggest having the following games on hand to create the perfect night: Pictionary, a deck of cards, Connect Four and good old-fashioned Scrabble. You can either allow everyone to play the games they want, or gather folks around for team Pictionary for a roaring good time.
SHOP NOW: Pictionary Man, $35
Winter Fun8 of 12
If it’s cold outside and there’s a decent amount of snow, bundle up and head out for some winter fun. Everyone in the family can participate in a snowball fight or help the kids go sledding. Top things off with a celebrity snowman-building contest like a Lady Gaga or a President Obama snowman.
SHOP NOW: Flexible Flyer Red Lighting Winter Snow Sled, $25
Karaoke9 of 12
Gather the family around the television for a hilarious game of karaoke. Imagine Mom singing “Papa Don’t Preach” and Dad doing his rendition of “Wild Thing.” Talk about a good time.
SHOP NOW: Karaoke Superstar DVDs, $60
Hiking10 of 12
If you’re on the west coast this holiday season, take advantage of the warmer weather to take to the great outdoors. Pack up the family and head to the park or a nearby hill for some family hiking. No need to be trapped in the house all holiday season. Instead, get out for a quick hike and don’t forget your camera.
SHOP NOW: Timberland Washington Summit with Gore-Tex, $165
Make Care Packages11 of 12
A fun afternoon activity is to give back to the U.S. troops deployed oversea. Making care packages lets the troops know how much we support them and care about them as well as their families.
GET INVOLVED: Give2TheTroops
See Christmas Decorations12 of 12
As a good activity for seniors, unwind by taking a drive to see the neighborhood lights. Cruise your neighborhood or find out where there might be a light parade in your town, and watch as kids and seniors press their faces against the car windows in delight.
- The ultimate guide to freckled skin
- Decor inspiration from your favorite TV shows
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- Never Say These Things About Your Ex
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
- What men really think of 10 fall trends
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession