Inside Reese Witherspoon's Ojai Home
- Next1 of 6William Waldron
- Previous Next2 of 6William Waldron
- Previous Next3 of 6William Waldron
- Previous Next4 of 6William Waldron
- Previous Next5 of 6William Waldron
- Previous Next6 of 6Courtesy of ELLE Decor/ William Waldron
- Inside Reese Witherspoon's Ojai HomeMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Charmed Circle1 of 6
Take a peek inside the home of actress Reese Witherspoon thanks to our friends at ELLE Decor. —Glo
By David A. Keeps
Reese Witherspoon turned to her friend Kristen Buckingham to infuse a classic California ranch with a youthful spirit.
What's Old Is New2 of 6
Originally built in 1923, the hacienda features elaborate stonework, arches, soaring fireplaces and turrets. The 19th-century leather chairs in the living room are English, the sofa is by Buckingham, and the settee is upholstered in a Rogers & Goffigon velvet. The small table is made from an apple-tree stump, the curtains are of a cotton from Claremont, and the jute rug is by Pottery Barn.
ON ELLE DECOR: More Inspiring Celebrity Living Rooms
Southern Comfort3 of 6
"It reminds me of growing up in Tennessee, where we spent all day outside," says Witherspoon of the serene environment. "I wanted my children to have that experience, to get muddy and hang out with the animals."
ON ELLE DECOR: The Most Stylish Celebrity Bathrooms
Great Outdoors4 of 6
"Reese is a Southern belle and wanted something poetic and feminine," says landscape designer Jay Griffith. "I tried to capture the ethereal quality you see in plein-air paintings, the mythical California of Ojai, Bel Air, and Carmel-by-the-Sea."
ON ELLE DECOR: Outdoor Entertaining Tips from the Pros
Animal House5 of 6
A collection of antlers surrounds an Italian mirror in her son’s room. The desk is antique, the chair is by BeeLine Home, the rug is Turkish, and the sconces and built-in bed are original to the house.
ON ELLE DECOR: Inside Courteney Cox’s Malibu Home
Sweet Escape6 of 6
To Witherspoon, the house is more than just a beautiful home. "It’s meditative and restorative," she says. "As soon as I drive through the gate, I relax. The air is fresh, the phone isn't ringing, you can't access e-mail. Time slows down. Within an hour I'm lying on that couch taking a big fat nap."
See more of Reese Witherspoon's home in the latest issue of ELLE Decor on stands Aug. 7