Small Space, Big Design: Nooks & Niches
- Next1 of 12Glo
- Previous Next2 of 12Mimi Giboin
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Civico Quattro
- Previous Next4 of 12Bart Michiels
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Roger Davies
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Stiff + Trevillion
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of Artisan Sheperd's Huts
- Previous Next8 of 12Justin Bernhaut
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Berge
- Previous Next10 of 12Dan Kullberg for Grinda Wardshus
- Previous Next11 of 12José Hevia
- Previous Next12 of 12Laura Moss
- Small Space, Big Design: Nooks & NichesMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
INTRO_Reading_Nooks_vo21 of 12
Box Out2 of 12
In this bright, white room, colorful stripes provide a bold accent on this window seat for lazy afternoon lounging.
ON REMODELISTA: An Idyllic Guest House in Napa Valley
Lazy Grays3 of 12
Orietta Marcon designed this Italian flat with comfortable fabrics and vintage pieces. This corner exemplifies the cool comfort of the space, with pillows in grays and blues accompanied by stacks of magazines for an easy read.
ON REMODELISTA: Civico Quattro in Vincenze
On the Horizon4 of 12
In this Shelter Island home, a special seating space placed under a strip of window captures views of the ocean and sky.
ON REMODELISTA: Light, Water and Sand on Shelter Island
Happy Trails5 of 12
This Spartan trailer coach photographed by Roger Davies gives style and comfort the ultimate home, with reclaimed wood features and an L-shaped window seating area.
Up & Away6 of 12
This children's loft bed harks back to the days of hide and seek, creating a tempting spot for an adult respite.
ON REMODELISTA: Cozy Loft Beds
Sweet Escape7 of 12
We'd take all the rainy days in England if we could cuddle up in this tiny alcove. Great for a private retreat or an extra guest room, these artisan huts are handcrafted in a medieval barn and workshop in Sussex.
ON REMODELISTA: Tiny Bungalows in Santa Barbara
Window Treatment8 of 12
The design firm From the Desk of Lola added graphic striped fabric and exotic throw pillows to this corner window space, which lends a glamorous note to the relaxing, light-filled room.
ON REMODELISTA: A Pool House in Westchester County
Pit Stop9 of 12
To offer travelers a respite space in his German Inn, Nils Holder Moormann installed custom built in beds with shelving above and storage below— everything you might need for rest and relaxation on the go.
ON REMODELISTA: A Light-filled German Inn
Inn Style10 of 12
The Grinda Wardshus Inn, located an hour from Stockholm, has all the ingredients for a quaint and peaceful stay: built-in day beds, rustic dining tables, and a warm, neutral palette.
ON REMODELISTA: Paneled Alcove Beds
Square Biz11 of 12
At the Hotel AIre de Bardenas, the modular nooks in most rooms allow guests to sit and enjoy the expanse and grandeur of the Spanish badlands.
ON REMODELISTA: Hotel Aire de Bardenas
Secret Sanctuary12 of 12
Architects Rhea White and Steve Schappacher fashioned a summer pool house from a tool shed. The fresh, white walls, vintage glass bottles and abundant cushions make this private nook an ideal spot to read or daydream.
ON REMODELISTA: A Shelter Island Fisherman's Cottage