Tricks For A More Productive Office Space
- Next1 of 11Houzz/Photo: Eric Straudmeier; Design: Incorporated
- Previous Next2 of 11Houzz/Lovejoy Designs
- Previous Next3 of 11Houzz/Design: Emily Ruddo; Photography: Meghan Beierle-O'Brien
- Previous Next4 of 11Houzz/Photo: Annika Franco; Design: Austin, Butter Lutz Interiors, Butterfield Custom Homes, Texas
- Previous Next5 of 11Houzz/Kailey J. Flynn Photography
- Previous Next6 of 11Houzz/Leslie Goodwin Photography/Sage Design Studio Inc.
- Previous Next7 of 11Houzz/Artistic Designs for Living, Tineke Triggs Interior Designers & Decorators
- Previous Next8 of 11Houzz/Photo: Eric Straudmeier; Design: Incorporated
- Previous Next9 of 11Houzz/Tim Cuppett Architects
- Previous Next10 of 11Houzz/Diane Bergeron Interiors
- Previous Next11 of 11Houzz/Photo: Janis Nicolay; Design: The Cross Design
- Tricks For A More Productive Office Spacefrom houzz: top trends in bathroom remodels
- 10 Ways To Update Your Home For Spring
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Bad Decorating Habits To Quit Now
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- 10 Home Mistakes You Can't Afford To Make
- The Most Outrageous New Pet Products
- Declutter Your Home For Less
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
Work It1 of 11
By Becky Harris, Houzz Contributor
Home office envy hits the hardest when your own workspace (also known as the kitchen counter) feels like a disorganized mess. Whether you're hoping for a clutter-free desk and coordinated organizing essentials or simply enough surface space for your laptop, here are 10 inspiring home-office ideas from our friends at Houzz.
Sitting Pretty2 of 11
Splurge on a good chair. You don't have to buy an ugly task chair—there are plenty of stylish, ergonomic choices to choose from.
ON HOUZZ: Three Extreme Chair Makeovers
Off the Wall3 of 11
Don't shove yourself up against a wall if you don't have to. Take advantage of a view out the window or out into the room. If you like the view, consider having an electrician install outlets on the floor so you don't trip over cords.
Novel Nook4 of 11
Have a comfy seat away from the desk. It's nice to be able to take a break while you read that boring report or browse on your iPad.
Color Scheming5 of 11
Pick energizing colors. Accent walls, bold-colored furniture and cheerful window treatments will draw you in so you'll get your work done.
ON HOUZZ: Tried-and-True Color Combinations
Open Up6 of 11
If your home does not have a separate office, steal a few square feet from under the stairs, in a bedroom, kitchen basement, hallway or closet. One shelf can transform an awkward, unused area into a productive and attractive space.
ON HOUZZ: Kitchen Touches Anyone Can Do
Detail Oriented7 of 11
Use little details for a big difference. The flower magnets on this inspiration board and the boat cleats used as drawer pulls are easy and inexpensive, and make this workspace personal.
Bright Idea8 of 11
If your workspace doesn't get good natural light, choose great lamps that brighten your room.
ON HOUZZ: Work With A Lighting Specialist
Get Personal9 of 11
Family photos, favorite mementos and artwork you love will make you feel comforted and inspired.
Mix It Up10 of 11
Try something new: Wrap binders with scrap fabric or handmade paper. Stack books horizontally instead of vertically. Place personal framed photos or objects among your work items.
Write On11 of 11
Chalkboard paint makes to-do lists and reminders fun.
ON HOUZZ: Create A Home Office On A Shoestring
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- 10 ways to wear fashion's most addictive trend
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- Throw a 1920s themed party this holiday season
- The Ultimate Modern-Day Dining Guide
- How to have a work "husband"
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession