So Bad It's Good
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of SCOTTEVEST/SeV
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Happy Socks
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Sebago
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Skindinävia
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Kiss
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of SCOTTEVEST/SeV
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Cynthia Rowland Beauty Systems
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Broadway Nails
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of TRAINERmat
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Bell Automotive
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Carl Palmer
- So Bad It's Good9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal For Summer
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Borderline Brilliant1 of 11
As many a karaoke singer with stadium dreams can attest, genius is often overlooked. The same holds true for style. It may be easy to fall for those $500 platforms at first sight, but that quirky, unexpected find you learn to love may ultimately be more satisfying. In fact, if you keep an open mind to life’s more questionable offerings, you’ll likely have a lot more fun along the way. Here, some borderline brilliant stuff we just can’t help loving.
Happy Feet2 of 11
By Robin Sayers
WHY BORDERLINE: The look may seem too Britney circa Baby One More Time.
WHY BRILLIANT: They’re a mood-lifter when worn with flats but also functional when layered under the season's super-high boots. BUY NOW: Happy Socks Over the Knee 01 style, $15
What's Up, Dock?3 of 11
WHY BORDERLINE: Docksiders may seem reminiscent of Dad’s style c. 1985.
WHY BRILLIANT: Preppy chic is back, and the shearling lining equals slippers-level comfort.
BUY NOW: Sebago Docksides Women’s Cove, $100
Gotta Dance4 of 11
WHY BORDERLINE: Wait, a beauty product just for clubbing? Seriously?!
WHY BRILLIANT: Used on Dancing with the Stars, this oil- and paraben-free spray prevents dance floor meltdowns (the cosmetic kind at least).
BUY NOW: Skindinävia Dance! Makeup Finish (2 oz. size), $19
Wink, Wink5 of 11
WHY BORDERLINE: A complete set of fake eyelashes is just inherently over-the-top.
WHY BRILLIANT: They make peepers look amazing, and compared to other varieties, these are a cinch to apply.
FOR STORES: Kiss Premium Eyelashes with Applicator Strings, $4
In the Trenches6 of 11
WHY BORDERLINE: Any apparel with 18 pockets is probably going to add some bulk to your silhouette.
WHY BRILLIANT: You have to love outerwear that allows you to basically wear a carry-on bag while traveling.
BUY NOW: SeV Women’s Trench, $130
Pucker Up7 of 11
WHY BORDERLINE: Um, don’t the words “vacuum” and “lips” just look wrong together?
WHY BRILLIANT: A few seconds of pumping does plump your puckers for hours, with no expensive doctor — or prickly needles! — required
BUY NOW: Cynthia Rowland Luscious Lips Device, $50
Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes8 of 11
WHY BORDERLINE: Glue-on nails aren’t usually considered the epitome of chic.
WHY BRILLIANT: Fingertips that look one way inside then magically morph into another pattern when exposed to UV light? Sounds like mood-ring-level fun.
FOR STORES: Broadway Nails Fashion Diva Color Changing Nail Kit, $6
Namaste9 of 11
WHY BORERLINE: Cheat sheets of any nature can feel a bit, well, lame.
WHY BRILLIANT: Who cares? Having 27 position how-to's that close at hand is awesome, plus it comes with a “Perfect Form” instructional DVD.
BUY NOW: TRAINERmat for Yoga, $30
Pink My Ride10 of 11
WHY BORDERLINE: It’s reminiscent of those wall-to-wall carpets in 1970s bachelorette pads.
WHY BRILLIANT: This slip-on microfiber marvel makes gripping more comfortable, and the Katy Perry vibe may actually make your commute tolerable.
BUY NOW: Bell Shaggy Steering Wheel Cover, $14
Can I Get a Beat?11 of 11
WHY BORDERLINE: The question must be asked: Who, pray tell, needs 45 minutes of drum solos?!
WHY BRILLIANT: Any rock lover in your life would go mental for this niche treasure from the founding member of Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
BUY NOW: Carl Palmer Drum Solos DVD, $15
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession