- NextWant It!1 of 9Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 9Courtesy of Rimini
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 9Courtesy of DWR
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 9Courtesy of The Conran Shop
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 9Courtesy of DWR
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 9Courtesy of West Elm
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 9Courtesy of IKEA
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 9Courtesy of Room and Board
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 9Courtesy of Coolaroo
- Shelter MeMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty1 of 9
By Ingrid Schmidt
We all love our place in the sun, but let's be practical — sometimes we need to take cover. These outdoor umbrellas (picked by Remodelista) offer stylish solutions.
BUY NOW: Pottery Barn Umbrella, from $99
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty2 of 9
This traditional parasol, with brass fittings and an old-school pulley system, is sturdy enough to withstand the most wild summer storm (or soirée). Also in a pretty oyster (um) shade.
BUY NOW: Rimini Circular Parasol, $899
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty3 of 9
Less is more. I mean, sunning doesn't get any more chic simple than this. This set-up is obsession-worthy (plus, we want to run out and accessorize it with a '50s-style swimsuit and cocktail shaker).
BUY NOW: DWR's Mid-Century Sunshade, $850
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty4 of 9
Three reasons to love this handcrafted canopy: the beautiful bamboo pole; a serene pool-blue color; it looks like the blown-up version of a kitschy cocktail umbrella. (Margaritas not included).
BUY NOW: The Conran Shop's Bamboo Parasol, $225
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty5 of 9
The cutting-edge Razor canopy spins 360 degrees; it's asymmetrical design (developed by a marine expert) follows the sun, leaving you ever-cool. (We love it in sleek silver.)
BUY NOW: DWR's Tucci Razor shade, $1,148
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: 99 More Outdoor Ideas
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty6 of 9
You've got it made in the shade with this clean, understated parasol at a price that won't break the bank (hurry, it's on sale right now).
BUY NOW: Four-Panel Umbrella, $58
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: Galvanized Planters
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty7 of 9
This hanging umbrella pairs with pretty much any style of table and takes backyard dining under cover, so you can enjoy the great outdoors even more.
BUY NOW: Ikea's Karlso Umbrella, $149
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty8 of 9
This sunny shade has a push-button tilt to easily angle it into that perfect sunblock setting. Also in black, white and taupe.
BUY NOW: Room and Board's Maui Umbrella, $249
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: 10 Great Water Carafes
Sunshades To Leave You Sitting Pretty9 of 9
The real slim shady? These cool 16-foot shade sails come in various colors and sizes, so you can create your own custom-designed shading system.
BUY NOW: Coolaroo Triangle Shade Sail, $140
RELATED ON REMODELISTA: A Top-Of-The-Line Tarp