Teen Dream Room
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Pottery Barn Teen
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 11Courtesy of Pottery Barn Teen
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 11Courtesy of Little Miss Matched
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 11Courtesy of Steve Madden
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 11Courtesy of Pottery Barn Teen
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 11Courtesy of Pottery Barn Teen
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 11Courtesy of Blik
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 11Courtesy of Little Miss Matched
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 11Courtesy of Pottery Barn Teen
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 11Courtesy of Home Decorating
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 11Courtesy of Pottery Barn Teen
- Teen Dream RoomMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Awesome Digs1 of 11
By Amy Elisa Keith
Pretty soon, your children are going to want to ditch the paisley prints and all-white motifs for something a bit edgier. Before they tape the “No Adults Allowed” sign onto their doors, have some fun decorating with them to fashion a stylish and (almost) grown-up space.
Ladylike Lair2 of 11
If pink isn’t her thing and she’s more Nate Berkus than Justin Bieber, then embrace your daughter’s sense of refined style. After all, she learned it from you. With embroidered pillowcases, a polka-dot headboard and matching lighting, this room will be even better than her first (and second) apartment.
SHOP NOW: Blossom Dot Upholstered Bedroom, from $20
All The Rave3 of 11
Pre-teens are usually pretty eager to swap out that childish bedding for something a bit more fun and age-appropriate. These reversible bed-in-a-bag sets are ideal for girls who like to change their minds… OK, so all girls. And the color-blocking trend is so in style.
SHOP NOW: Girls Zany Stripes Bed in a Bag Sets, from $90
Lime Light4 of 11
While you would totally buy this bedding for yourself, remember that your teen is just dying to be an adult. So give her bedroom a grown-up feel with bedding that is floral and feminine but not cheesy. This is a look that will grow with your teen and can remain as is, even after she leaves for college.
SHOP NOW: QCORYQ multi-green Steve Madden Bedding, $200
All-American Girl5 of 11
She’s sporty but still a girl’s girl, so create a bedroom that caters to both hitting the books and displaying her league championship trophies.
SHOP NOW: Henley Hampton Bedroom, from $18
Blue Crush6 of 11
Studying for SATs and AP exams is never going to be fun, but at least her study space can be lively. This beach-themed desk, complete with surfboard decal, infuses her love of the ocean and riding the waves.
SHOP NOW: Airgo Beadboard Space Saving Study, from $19
Up In The Air7 of 11
Little touches can truly transform a space, and when it comes to your teen’s bedroom, they can work wonders. Instead of settling for Twilight posters, encourage your teen to pick out cool wall decals like these to add some flavor to their rooms. Plus, they are easy to take down and replace with new ones.
SHOP NOW: Fly & Dive Decal, $45
Two Of Hearts8 of 11
Got twins? At this age, they are striking out on their own and don’t want to be so matchy-matchy. Give them just the right amount of individuality and pizzazz with this stripes-and-hearts bedding and coordinating window treatments.
SHOP NOW: Sketchy Hearts Valance, $29
Chill Out9 of 11
If you’re tired of your child’s friends popping by and taking over the family room, then give them a space all their own. Dot the room with cushy loungers and soft beanbag chairs to create a casual yet modern hang suite. Now you’ll just have to figure out how to get the neighborhood kids to go home.
SHOP NOW: Derby Stripe Stuff Your Stuff Lounge Room, from $25
Haute Hippie10 of 11
This room is perfect for your eco-friendly teen, who spends her weekends with Habitat for Humanity and her nights creating posters for the local environmental club. Decorate this space with your green gal at your side, and spend the weekend painting the walls a cheery turquoise color.
SHOP NOW: Sydney Bedding by Steve Madden Bedding, from $34
Primp & Prep11 of 11
With her berry lip stain and beachy waves, your daughter is perfecting her adolescent look and experimenting along the way. Give her somewhere to serve as her style headquarters for every wardrobe evolution and haircut misstep.
SHOP NOW: Hampton Vanity Room, from $8