The best back to school apps
- Next1 of 11Maece Seraefi/ Courtesy of Apple
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Apple
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of iHomework
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of The Mint
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Evernote
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Food On The Table
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Apple
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Bank of Mom
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of VolunteerSpot
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of RetailMeNot
- The best back to school appsMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Mobile Must-Haves1 of 11
Tackle the back-to-school rush with the top 10 apps for managing your time, your money and even the kids' grades.
Book Smart2 of 11
Instead of scouring the bookstore shelves for your child's textbooks, let Amazon Student do all the work. Grab your list of must-have books and use this app to scan barcodes and buy your semester's textbooks with just a few taps. When you're done, you'll have a shopping cart ready to go on Amazon where you can buy your books at a bargain.
DOWNLOAD NOW: Amazon Student
Ahead of the Curve3 of 11
Report cards only come once a semester, but Grades 2 allows you (and your kid) to keep track of test scores, homework results and even upcoming finals. The trusty app also helps calculate GPA and figure out what grades your teen needs to gain or maintain a certain GPA.
DOWNLOAD NOW: Grades 2
On Course4 of 11
The dog-ate-my-homework excuse won't fly thanks to this app. iHomework allows you or your high schooler to manage assignments, due dates, course schedules and even helps organize reading assignments and extra-curricular activities. Juggle everything that school throws your way with this multitasking assistant.
DOWNLOAD NOW: iHomework
Dollars & Cents5 of 11
Between back-to-school supply shopping and your tween's new wardrobe, spending can get a little out of control this time of year. Stay on budget with the Mint.com app for your mobile device. Manage all of your accounts, set up a spending and savings plan, and even get alerts when you've gone off plan.
DOWNLOAD NOW: Mint.com
Write On6 of 11
If you're an old-school mom living in a new-school, high-tech world, scribbling down a quick "note to self" is an easy way to manage to-dos. Now with Penultimate, your iPad can replace that random piece of paper or the back of an old receipt. It gives you the fast gratification of writing on paper with the digital ease of being able to send it to your hubby or the kids.
DOWNLOAD NOW: Penultimate
What's Cookin'?7 of 11
Planning dinner, keeping grocery bills in check and cooking meals your whole family will enjoy can be a challenge once busy school-year schedules kick in. Food on the Table helps you plan quick, kid-friendly meals around the sales at your local grocery stores and your family's food preferences.
DOWNLOAD NOW: Food on the Table
Lost & Found8 of 11
Misplace your iPad while rushing to make your kids' soccer game? Pinpoint the exact location of your device with Find My iPhone, which also protects your data. Depending on your iPad’s whereabouts, you can then choose to play a sound, remotely lock your device, or erase your data on it.
DOWNLOAD NOW: Find My iPhone
Cash Flow9 of 11
Keep an eye on the kids' spending habits with Bank of Mom, an app that allows you to track money, time and activities. Not only will it alert you to overspending, but it will help teach them the value of money. Plus, there's a function that allows you to allocate time for activities like video games and TV based on kids' money management.
DOWNLOAD NOW: Bank of Mom
Sign Me Up10 of 11
Organizing field trips, PTA meetings and classroom activities has never been so easy. With VolunteerSpot, coordinating volunteers is as simple as picking up your smartphone. Mobile sign-up sheets, calendars, messaging and automatic reminders make e-mail chains and nonstop phone calls a thing of the past.
DOWNLOAD NOW: VolunteerSpot
Smart Shopper11 of 11
Don't waste time searching the Penny Saver or weekly coupon books. Download RetailMeNot to discover discounts right from your phone—on school supplies, clothing, electronics and anything else you might need to prepare your kids for school.
DOWNLOAD NOW: RetailMeNot
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession