Throw A Cinco De Mayo Fiesta On Budget
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of MadJaxDesignandPrint/Walmart/Oriental Trading Co.
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Delight Paperie
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Luna Bazaar
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Heavenly Blooms
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Cost Plus World Market
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Uncommongoods
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of J and Paper
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Walmart/MadJaxDesignandPrint
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Kohl's
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Oriental Trading Co.
- Throw A Cinco De Mayo Fiesta On BudgetMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Affordable Fiesta1 of 11
By Paige Brettingen
Hosting a budget-friendly Cinco de Mayo celebration doesn't have to be limited to paper plates and party-size bags of tortilla chips. Use these chic and easy ideas to throw a fabulous fiesta—all for less than $30!
You're Invited2 of 11
Order these customized, digital invites for just $20 and print as many as you need. Or send them via email—a smart option for last-minute additions to the guest list.
SHOP NOW: Delight Paperie Cinco de Mayo Invitations, $20, etsy.com
Bright Idea3 of 11
Give your entertaining space a little olé by hanging bright papel picado banners entwined with outdoor string lights for a soft glow after sunset.
SHOP NOW: Papel picado banner, $18, Lunabazaar.com
Natural Instincts4 of 11
For a centerpiece you can enjoy long after the party is over, steal this idea from florist Heavenly Blooms: Display potted cacti or succulents in clear, cylinder vases of varying heights, filling the bottom with dry pinto beans before adding the plants.
Barrel of Fun5 of 11
Nothing goes better with spicy salsa than a cool glass of watermelon agua fresca. For a traditional touch, serve in a glass barrel with a ladle propped beside it.
Dish On6 of 11
These vibrant plates are designed to resemble authentic Mexican pottery, but they're made of unbreakable melamine for outdoor-friendly dining.
SHOP NOW: Melamine plates, $22 (for 4), potterybarn.com
Hold the Salt7 of 11
For a unique twist on a tequila toast, try this tasting set, which allows guests to sip from glasses carved from pink Himalayan salt. Salud!
SHOP NOW: Salt tequila glasses $30 (set of 4), uncommongoods.com
Chalk It Up8 of 11
Give your fiesta some rustic charm with this chalkboard poster. Spruce it up with some multicolored paper garland and place near the margaritas.
SHOP NOW: J and Paper fiesta chalkboard poster, $10, etsy.com
Straw Men9 of 11
Line up rows of Mexican sodas in two flavors—like mandarin and lime—alternating the arrangement of the colors. Station a jar of Cinco de Mayo–themed mustache paper straws next to the sodas and wait for the giggles.
Table Topper10 of 11
This vibrant woven serape table runner will put the finishing touches on your south-of-the-border spread.
SHOP NOW: Bobby Flay Santiago table runner, $16, kohls.com
All in Favor11 of 11
Give out pint-size piñatas as party favors for your guests. Besides being a fun gift for kids and adults, they can double as table decor during the party.
SHOP NOW: Mini piñatas, $15 (set of 3), orientaltradingco.com
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession