10 Home Décor Experts We're Loving
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Nicole Nassib
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Grant K. Gibson
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Tracie Butler
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Nicole Gibbons
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Max Geiser
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of AphroChic
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Karen Carsello
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Nicole Nassib
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Victoria Smith
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of John McDonald
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Julie Khuu
- 10 Home Décor Experts We're LovingMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Design Star1 of 11
By Amy Elisa Keith
From modest homes to sprawling nightclubs, handcrafted furniture to cultured blog posts, they have transformed the art of interior design in astounding ways. Here are Glo’s picks of the hottest designers to watch. Not only do we covet their impeccable taste, we’re eager to be inspired by their style sense. Read on to be dazzled.
Grant K. Gibson2 of 11
City: San Francisco, CA Website: www.grantkgibson.com
Favorite Item In Your Home: "A pair of Swedish Gustavian chairs that I recovered in a caramel leather. It's a perfect place to sit for a cup of tea."
Biggest inspiration: "Recent trips to Stockholm, Paris and Sicily have really inspired me."
Splurge or Save: "I would prefer to spend more on the piece of furniture then save money with the fabric."
Tracie Butler3 of 11
City: Los Angeles, CA Website: www.TracieButlerDesign.com
Favorite Item In Your Home: "A 17th century chandelier from Spain that hangs beautifully in my kitchen."
Biggest inspiration: "Fashion, music and culture all play large rolls in my designs."
Splurge or Save: "I splurge on fine fabrics and rugs. The way I cut corners is to look for the best prices."
Nicole Gibbons4 of 11
City: New York City Website: www.SoHauteStyle.com
Favorite Item In Your Home: "A pair of reverse glass Chinese Emperor and Empress paintings that I inherited from my grandmother."
Biggest inspiration: "So many things from architecture, nature, books and magazines to the work of interior design legends of the past."
Splurge or Save: "I would splurge on a great sofa with good bones [that] can always be recovered."
Max Geiser5 of 11
City: El Cerrito, CA Website: www.wallter.com
Favorite Item In Your Home: "A collection of wooden 3D puzzles properly displayed on the mantel. I like to work on them because it clears my mind."
Biggest inspiration: "I am inspired by other companies that are able to design products that are truly timeless."
Splurge or Save: "I splurge on bathroom hardware, good paint, and I tend to be frugal with kids furniture as a parent of two young boys."
Jeanine Hays6 of 11
City: San Francisco, CA Website: www.aphrochicshop.com
Favorite Item In Your Home: "Right now my dining room table. It’s made from rosewood, and it’s perfect for hosting big dinner parties."
Biggest inspiration: "I am inspired by cultures. The colors, textures or patterns but it can also be the music that expresses a culture, the flavor of a popular dish, the feel of a city or even its history."
Karen Carsello7 of 11
City: Los Angeles, CA Website: www.karencarsello.com
Favorite Item In Your Home: "A painting by a dear friend and one of the most fascinating people I've ever known, Bertrand Castelli."
Biggest inspiration: "I've always been inspired by [Australian designer] David Hicks. Chic, chic, chic!"
Splurge or Save: "Splurge on high quality sheets and towels, as sleeping and bathing demand the best."
Nicole Nassib8 of 11
City: Beverly Hills, CA Website: www.nicolenassib.com
Favorite Item In Your Home: "A large painting I completed just over a year ago, Untitled Lilac – along with my purple Hermès mohair blanket."
Biggest inspiration: "As a child my father would bring me on his antique shopping trips to Paris, his taste for superb quality and craftsmanship is imbedded in me."
Victoria Smith9 of 11
City: San Francisco, CA Website: www.sfgirlbybay.com
Favorite Item In Your Home: "I really love my dining nook, off the kitchen. I painted it Chalkboard Black which makes the white Victorian molding stand out."
Biggest inspiration: "I love Scandinavian design. I love the eclectic and a mix of vintage and new."
Splurge or Save: "I tend to splurge on an excellent vintage find."
John McDonald10 of 11
City: Los Angeles, CA Website: www.ahandmadehome.com
Favorite Item In Your Home: "A mirror above the sofa that I made from a slab of fallen lumber.
Biggest inspiration: "Most of my inspiration comes from magazines, listening to what a client truly needs, as opposed to wants."
Splurge or Save: "Chairs I'll spend money on. I'm frugal when it comes to groceries."
Julie Khuu11 of 11
City: Santa Ana, CA Website: www.hautekhuuture.blogspot.com
Favorite Item In Your Home: "A vintage Chinese console that I rescued from Salvation Army for $99!"
Biggest inspiration: "Fashion. I love that personal style can be interpreted in the way you dress and live."
Splurge or Save: "I splurge on anything that I can't live without. I am more frugal with throw pillows and drapery."