The coolest new gadgets of 2013
- Next1 of 14Glo
- Previous Next2 of 14Courtesy of Lockitron
- Previous Next3 of 14Courtesy of Nest
- Previous Next4 of 14Courtesy of Coolway
- Previous Next5 of 14Courtesy of Sedu
- Previous Next6 of 14Courtesy of Clairsonic
- Previous Next7 of 14Courtesy of Spirithoods
- Previous Next8 of 14Courtesy of Pebble
- Previous Next9 of 14Courtesy of Griffin Twenty
- Previous Next10 of 14Courtesy of Roku
- Previous Next11 of 14Courtesy of Plumen
- Previous Next12 of 14Courtesy of Coverface
- Previous Next13 of 14Courtesy of Quench Products
- Previous Next14 of 14Diane Von Furstenberg S/S 2013: Imaxtree
- The coolest new gadgets of 2013Makeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Inspector Gadget1 of 14
As science fiction moves closer to reality (driverless cars, anyone?), we're taking a look back at our favorite tech innovations of 2012. Check out these 13 souped-up (and stylish) gadgets—all under $250—designed to make your life easier.
Key Player2 of 14
Bid adieu to that stomach-sinking "Did I lock the house?" feeling, or the not much better "I locked myself out—again" moment. Lockitron provides keyless lock and entry initiated through a Smartphone app. For added peace of mind, those with kids can also receive texts when they arrive home.
SHOP NOW: Lockitron, $179
Climate Control3 of 14
An energy-efficient thermostat may not seem like the most cutting-edge technology, but this one deserves a warm welcome. The Nest thermostat allows you to control your home's temperature remotely from your smartphone. Once it learns your routine and preferences, it will adjust the temperature throughout the day and lower your energy bills too (by up to 20 percent).
SHOP NOW: Nest thermostat, $249
Hot Stuff4 of 14
Smoothing down your locks shouldn't require major heat. The makers of the Coolway Autosense Styler have developed technology that senses the moisture levels in hair and then lowers the temperature of the iron accordingly. The result? Sleek, smooth hair without the risk of heat damage.
SHOP NOW: Coolway Autosense Styler, $130
Air Supply5 of 14
Talk about being full of hot air: The Sedu Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000i Hair Dryer (whew, say that five times fast) is a compact, lightweight find that dries hair twice as fast as most conventional dryers.
SHOP NOW: Sedu Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000i Hair Dryer, $160
Wash This Way6 of 14
Clarisonic's cleansing brushes have long been a favorite of beauty insiders. The brand's latest offering, the Aria, let's you choose three different speeds—all designed to gently massage your face and de-clog pores. It also has a USB-enabled charger so you can power up conveniently.
SHOP NOW: Clarisonic Aria Sonic Skin Cleansing Brush, $200
Furry Friends7 of 14
Fashion meets function with these faux fur hoods that come with built-in, washable speakers that play your favorite tunes. Just connect the attached jack with your mp3 player or phone and it's music to your ears.
SHOP NOW: Spirithoods HB3, $139
Time Will Tell8 of 14
The Pebble is the first "smart" watch to offer full iOS and Android compatibility with its Bluetooth capabilities. This customizable gadget can act as a distance-tracker and mp3 player, while keeping you updated on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and on and on and on… (because we all know how obsessed we are with social media).
SHOP NOW: Pebble e-paper watch, $150
Now Hear This9 of 14
Sometimes a great gadget is more about what you don't see than what you do. With Griffin Technology's Wireless Sound, you can stream sound to your existing speakers, from your iPhone or Air-Play-enabled apps (such as Pandora, Spotify, Rdio), all without a single wire in site. Rock on.
SHOP NOW: Griffin Twenty, $100
It's Show Time!10 of 14
Roku, the 3-inch box that gives you streaming access to 150,000 movies and shows, has a new bonus feature: You can search all the available titles at once via title, keyword or actor. Can't remember the details of a TV episode? Or looking for a movie that features your favorite performer? Find it with a few clicks.
SHOP NOW: Roku TV On Demand, prices vary
Special Delivery11 of 14
The first so-called designer lightbulb, Plumen 001 took the rest of the design world by storm in 2012 by showing how gracefully beautiful a lightbulb can be…and now there are babies! Set to arrive in 2013, the Baby Plumen 001 emits a whopping 9 watts (40-watt replacement bulb).
SHOP NOW: Plumen lightbulbs, $30
Flat-Out Fabulous12 of 14
If you've got a tumbleweed-size tangle of USB cables stashed in your drawer, bag or behind your desk, then you'll appreciate these tangle-resistant flat cables that come in bright neon colors.
SHOP NOW: Coverface Innocable flat cable, $10
Mix Master13 of 14
A Swiss Army Knife for mixologists and cocktail connoisseurs, the Bar10der includes a bottle opener, muddler, zester, strainer and six more essential libation-making tools. We'll drink to that.
SHOP NOW: The Bar10der, $50
Seeing is Believing14 of 14
Although it's not actually available yet, the cyborg-like Glass by Google made its debut in September at the Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2013 runway show. The voice-activated, hi-tech eyewear has an itty-bitty camera built into the frame along with a monitor that displays data like maps and text messages. Are you ready for smartglasses?
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession