How to turn your closet into a home office
- Next1 of 7Glo
- Previous Next2 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Jennifer Jones, I Heart Organizing
- Previous Next3 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Frisson
- Previous Next4 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Rossington Architecture; Photo: Reflex Imaging
- Previous Next5 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Margaret Everton
- Previous Next6 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Mercedes Corbell Design + Architecture
- Previous Next7 of 7Courtesy of Houzz/Cynthia Mason Interiors
- How to turn your closet into a home officeMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Office Space1 of 7
You may not have an entire room to devote to a home office, but if you have a spare closet, then you can make that space work overtime. Here is some office-in-a-closet design inspiration to get you started.
Hang in There2 of 7
The organizing system in this office keeps items like scissors and pens off the desktop.
ON HOUZZ: 8 Steps to a Winning Filing System
Good on Paper3 of 7
Make the area feel special by using wallpaper or a fun color on the interior walls.
ON HOUZZ: Top Home Decorating Colors
Go Vertical4 of 7
Take advantage of a closet's height but adding shelves all the way to the top.
ON HOUZZ: 10 Amazing Master Closets
Get Wired5 of 7
Figure out what needs to be plugged in and have an electrician provide the proper outlets for lighting and electronic equipment.
ON HOUZZ: Find a Local Electrician
For Good Measure6 of 7
Some closets are only slightly deeper than the width of a hanger. Place your binders on the closet floor and shut the door to see that these items will fit in the space.
Double Duty Furniture7 of 7
Don't have a closet? Armoires and secretary desks offer small spaces at home, while storing most of your home office necessities.