The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Emma Lamb
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Flavor Paper
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Pine Cone Hill
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Chairloom
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Miho Unexpected Things
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of K Studio
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Oomph
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Tovicorrie
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Crosley
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Macbeth Collections
Isn't It Grand!1 of 11
By Jane Dagmi
In honor of our Grandparents, we channeled our ever-stylish and doting elders to come up with a few decor finds with multigenerational appeal. Check out these ten fresh and modern interpretations of classic granny elements like chenille, crochet and Chippendale. Bubby would be so proud!
Hello Doily2 of 11
When not coming to the aid of steaming hot pots and pans, cotton crochet potholders and doilies make an artistic addition to your kitchen wall.
SHOP NOW: Emma Lamb 8" made to order cotton pot holder/doily, $56
Flower Power3 of 11
Unexpected colors like hot pink, purple and turquoise wake up a traditional wallpaper, turning it into a dramatic background for any room.
SHOP NOW: Flavor Paper vivid Victorian wallpaper, $8-$9 per square feet
Spread the Love4 of 11
In cool modernist gray, a tufted bedspread (reminiscent of vintage chenille textiles from the '50s) will feel lush and unexpected layered on top of Dwell Studio sheets.
SHOP NOW: Pine Cone Hill candlewick throw in shale, $134
Second Chance5 of 11
Reimagine that handed-down Queen Anne chair and turn it into a one-of-a-kind conversation piece. Reupholstered in a new, modern fabric, it will look spunky and right at home in your living room.
SHOP NOW: Chairloom, contact for availability and pricing
New Tweet6 of 11
This whimsical birdhouse is the best kind of DIY—simply click the pieces together—no glue or tools needed. Hang indoors or prop on a shelf.
SHOP NOW: MiHo Unexpected Things ready-to-assemble birdhouse, $36-$60
Family Support7 of 11
While you may find old portraits on a wall in Gram's house, this modern version is much cuddlier, letting customize family members' likenesses, in stitches, on a throw pillow.
SHOP NOW: K Studio personalized family pillows, $134 and up
Mirror, Mirror8 of 11
This Chippendale-style mirror, more elaborate than typical modern accessories, enters the 21st century with bright bold paint.
SHOP NOW: Oomph Charleston mirror, $1,875
Birds the Word9 of 11
Ditch the tattered, musty paperbacks from the attic and step into the modern age with this blossom-and-bird-print leather case for your Kindle.
SHOP NOW: Tovicorrie Kindle case, $70
Traveling Tunes10 of 11
It's time to spin some vinyl on a turntable with a classic '50s design. This record player also has a USB port and an audio outlet for an MP3 player making it even more portable.
SHOP NOW: Crosley Travel Turntable, $150
Bless You11 of 11
Choose from hundreds of fun graphic designs to create a totally glam tissue box holder that complements rather than clashes with your decor.
SHOP NOW: Macbeth Collection metal decoupage boutique box, $40 and up
NEXT ON GLO: When Music Videos Inspire Home Decor
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession