The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Flavor Paper
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Pine Cone Hill
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Chairloom
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Miho Unexpected Things
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of K Studio
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Oomph
- Previous Next8 of 10Courtesy of Tovicorrie
- Previous Next9 of 10Courtesy of Crosley
- Previous Next10 of 10Courtesy of Macbeth Collections
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny ChicMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Isn't It Grand!1 of 10
By Jane Dagmi
In honor of our Grandparents, we channeled our ever-stylish and doting elders to come up with a few decor finds with multigenerational appeal. Check out these nine fresh and modern interpretations of classic granny elements like chenille, crochet and Chippendale. Bubby would be so proud!
Flower Power2 of 10
Unexpected colors like hot pink, purple and turquoise wake up a traditional wallpaper, turning it into a dramatic background for any room.
SHOP NOW: Flavor Paper vivid Victorian wallpaper, $8-$9 per square feet
Spread the Love3 of 10
In cool modernist gray, a tufted bedspread (reminiscent of vintage chenille textiles from the '50s) will feel lush and unexpected layered on top of Dwell Studio sheets.
SHOP NOW: Pine Cone Hill candlewick throw in shale, $134
Second Chance4 of 10
Reimagine that handed-down Queen Anne chair and turn it into a one-of-a-kind conversation piece. Reupholstered in a new, modern fabric, it will look spunky and right at home in your living room.
SHOP NOW: Chairloom, contact for availability and pricing
New Tweet5 of 10
This whimsical birdhouse is the best kind of DIY—simply click the pieces together—no glue or tools needed. Hang indoors or prop on a shelf.
SHOP NOW: MiHo Unexpected Things ready-to-assemble birdhouse, $36-$60
Family Support6 of 10
While you may find old portraits on a wall in Gram's house, this modern version is much cuddlier, letting customize family members' likenesses, in stitches, on a throw pillow.
SHOP NOW: K Studio personalized family pillows, $134 and up
Mirror, Mirror7 of 10
This Chippendale-style mirror, more elaborate than typical modern accessories, enters the 21st century with bright bold paint.
SHOP NOW: Oomph Charleston mirror, $1,875
Birds the Word8 of 10
Ditch the tattered, musty paperbacks from the attic and step into the modern age with this blossom-and-bird-print leather case for your Kindle.
SHOP NOW: Tovicorrie Kindle case, $70
Traveling Tunes9 of 10
It's time to spin some vinyl on a turntable with a classic '50s design. This record player also has a USB port and an audio outlet for an MP3 player making it even more portable.
SHOP NOW: Crosley Travel Turntable, $150
Bless You10 of 10
Choose from hundreds of fun graphic designs to create a totally glam tissue box holder that complements rather than clashes with your decor.
SHOP NOW: Macbeth Collection metal decoupage boutique box, $40 and up