Ultimate Emergency Survival Guide
- Next1 of 14Glo
- Previous Next2 of 14Courtesy of Mr. Beams
- Previous Next3 of 14Courtesy of Urban Case
- Previous Next4 of 14Courtesy of LL Bean
- Previous Next5 of 14Courtesy of Uncrate
- Previous Next6 of 14Courtesy of Flight 001
- Previous Next7 of 14Courtesy of Amazon
- Previous Next8 of 14Courtesy of REI
- Previous Next9 of 14Courtesy of American Apparel
- Previous Next10 of 14Courtesy of Safety Girl
- Previous Next11 of 14Courtesy of My Food Storage
- Previous Next12 of 14Courtesy of Safety Girl
- Previous Next13 of 14Courtesy of Stove In A Can
- Previous Next14 of 14Courtesy of My Food Storage
- Ultimate Emergency Survival GuideMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
INTRO_SurvivalGuide_v041 of 14
Dark 'N' Stormy2 of 14
The fury of howling winds often leave many people without power. Don't get stuck in the dark without this wireless emergency light kit. The plug-in power detector senses when electricity is lost, at which point LED lights illuminate the house via wireless signal. The system can support more than 30 lights placed up to 70 feet away for 40 hours—enough time to weather the storm until a utility crew arrives.
SHOP NOW: Mr. Beams Power Outage Lighting Set, $100
Raising The Bar3 of 14
Given the stress of the times, a stiff cocktail becomes one of the last bastions of calm. So before the in-laws come a'knocking, install one of these sleek, wall-mounted emergency cocktail stations for a bit of liquid first aid.
SHOP NOW: Emergency Cocktail Station, $850
Fix My Ride4 of 14
Flat tire? No sweat. Equipped with a safety flasher, gloves, blanket and much more, this is the ideal kit to keep in your trunk while you wait for roadside assistance.
SHOP NOW: Auto Safety Kit, $60
Lost & Found5 of 14
The king of survival and host of Man Vs. Wild Bear Grylls knows a thing or two about getting out of sticky situations. While you may not find yourself stranded in the Amazon and forced to survive on insects, you might get lost while hiking. Prevent a true disaster with his easy-to-understand tips and must-have tools to turn any ordeal into a fond, fireside story.
SHOP NOW: Bear Grylls Ultimate Survival Kit, $50
Spice Things Up6 of 14
Make it through another evening of Aunt Gertrude's bland and gummy dinner thanks to this travel-sized set of 13 organic herbs and spices.
SHOP NOW: Mobile Foodie Survival Kit, $20
Bumps & Bruises7 of 14
If you get cut during your attempt at a weekend DIY project, this all-purpose first aid kit with over 100 bandages, antibiotic creams and even a first aid guide will be the first thing you reach for.
SHOP NOW: Softpack First Aid Kit, $23
Make A Run For It8 of 14
Sure those stilettos are fierce, but if you have to walk further than a few blocks, survive in style with these comfortable sneakers that are compact enough to keep in your desk drawer at work.
SHOP NOW: Vibram FiveFingers KomodoSport LS Multisport Shoes, $110
DIY Emergency Kit9 of 14
Stash an extra change of clothes, a pair of shoes, extra house keys, a protein bar and a large bottle of water in this vinyl duffel bag. It can stay in your car for those 'just in case' moments.
SHOP NOW: Vinyl Weekender Bag, $54
News Worthy10 of 14
Sure, you have an iPad, a smartphone, 4G wireless and the ultimate sound system. But all of that can become null and void in a disaster. Keep one of these timeless, hand-crank radios equipped with everything you might need: access to weather channels, a cell phone charger, emergency siren and a flashlight.
SHOP NOW: Eton Hand Crank Radio, $80
Don't Go Hungry11 of 14
If all of the food in your refrigerator has spoiled because of a power outage, you and your family don't have to resort of bags of chips to get you through the ordeal. This container holds 84 servings of dehydrated meals like chicken teriyaki and cheese lasagna.
SHOP NOW: 84 Serving Breakfast and Entrée Emergency Food, $160
Girl Power12 of 14
Just because spring has sprung, doesn’t mean that everyone is in bright spirits. Police estimate that thieves will steal $35 billion worth of merchandise from shoppers and businesses this year. Prevent an attack with a small can of pepper spray.
SHOP NOW: Hot Pink Mace Pepper Spray, $10
Fire It Up13 of 14
Whipping up hot food when your gas has been shut off will be no problem with this portable, self-contained stove. Able to boil water and cook up to a week's worth of food, this lightweight platform is easy to store in your garage or basement for easy access.
SHOP NOW: Emergency Quick Stove, $35
Heat Source14 of 14
The best time to buy a generator is before you need one. This portable silent generator can be charged from a regular AC wall outlet, or it can capture energy from solar panels, a hand crank, windmill or almost any other power source. Power your laptop, kitchen appliances or even your entire home with this little guy.
SHOP NOW: Portable Silent Generator, $1470