Ultra Chic Fourth of July
- Next1 of 14Getty Images
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 14Courtesy of Georgetown Cupcake
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 14Courtesy of SCP
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 14Courtesy of Les Toiles Du Soleil
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 14Courtesy of Tivoli Audio
- Previous NextWant It!6 of 14Courtesy of West Elm
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 14Courtesy of SteamCream
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 14Courtesy of Alice Supply Co.
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 14Courtesy of Madeline Weinrib
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 14Courtesy of Radio Flyer
- Previous NextWant It!11 of 14Courtesy of Conran USA
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 14Courtesy of Jonathan Adler
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 14Courtesy of Jeni's Ice Creams
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 14Courtesy of Sea Bags
- Ultra Chic Fourth of JulyMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
A Star-Spangled Bash1 of 14
By Zoe Schaeffer
Celebrate Fourth of July in style with unique and playful accents, tableware and more. Consummate hostess and L.A.-based interior designer Kristen Hutchins shares her tips to throw a glamorous yet festive bash that will leave your guests feeling inspired.
Take The Cake2 of 14
"Stack these celebratory cupcakes on a three tier cake stand to create a patriotic table centerpiece," says Hutchins. "Guests will be reminded to save room for dessert!"
SHOP NOW: Georgetown Cupcakes, $55 per dozen
Bird Call3 of 14
Hutchins says that for a casual barbecue, try placing the silverware in a stylish pitcher or jug instead of using formal place settings. "Stack plates and napkins next to it so guests can grab it all at once."
SHOP NOW: Donna Wilson Bird Jug, $88
Get Decked4 of 14
"Festive deck chairs will encourage your company to relax and enjoy a refreshing cocktail, " says Hutchins. You can mix in white and blue styles from this company as well.
SHOP NOW: Les Toiles Du Soleil Deck Chair, $180
Tune In5 of 14
"Whether you are celebrating at the beach or at the park, take your tunes with you!" says Hutchins. This one is weather-resistant and runs on portable batteries.
SHOP NOW: Tivoli iPAL Portable Radio, $220
Glass Act6 of 14
Hutchins insists that you can add red, white and blue elements without going over the top. "Circulate the party with a white lacquered tray of Sangria-filled Mediterranean blue glassware," she says.
SHOP NOW: West Elm Mediterranean Glasswear, $12
Cream Of The Crop7 of 14
Looking for the perfect parting gift? "Give your guests a commemorative body cream to tote home—they’ll appreciate it after a day in the sun!" suggests Hutchins.
SHOP NOW: SteamCream Liberty Tin, $18
With A Paddle8 of 14
These cheerful pingpong paddles will inspire friendly competition at any party. Even if guests don't play, the paddles make great centerpieces and conversations starters, says Hutchins.
SHOP NOW: Alice Supply Company Ping Pong Paddles, $54
Chair Flair9 of 14
By alternating red and blue pillows on the backs of your dining chairs, you'll create a modern twist on Fourth of July deco, says Hutchins.
SHOP NOW: Madeline Weinrib Amagansett Pillows, $250
On The Wagon10 of 14
Multifunctional finds are key to any bash. "After you tote your kids to the beach in this rustic wagon, fill it with old-school bottles of frosty blue cream soda and Coca-Cola for a sandy celebration," she says.
SHOP NOW: Radio Flyer Town and Country Wagon, $104
Good Sport11 of 14
If you invest in one thing for your holiday bash, then make it something that you can use for parties to come. "This ageless game is fun pre-fireworks entertainment for both parents and kids alike!"
SHOP NOW: Conran Shop Foosball Table, $4,750
Gaming Momentum12 of 14
Get playful by setting up a game table for guests. "Playing cards, backgammon and dominos will keep the party going long after the food and fireworks are done," says Hutchins.
SHOP NOW: Jonathan Adler Playing Cards, $10
Sweet Tooth13 of 14
For your foodie friends, mail-order gourmet ice cream in flavors like Backyard Mint and Salty Caramel to hit the spot. Or, Hutchins suggests, serve up your own versions with help from an inspirational ice cream cookbook.
SHOP NOW: Jeni's Gournet Ice Cream, $12 per pint
Just Coasting14 of 14
Find unique ways to accessorize your party and reinforce the theme. “Serve cocktails on top of chic star coasters for the ultimate Fourth of July drink.”
SHOP NOW: Sea Bags Star Coasters (set of four), $24
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession