10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Sarah Natsumi Moore
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Glenn Layton Homes
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Designer Paint
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Cure and Penabad/Ariela Grossman
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Crisp Architects/Rob Karosis
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/DvL Custom Concepts
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Sarah Natsumi Moore
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/PBH Construction
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Glenn Layton Homes
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Glenn Layton Homes
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Houzz/Caleb Johnson Architects+Builders
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriorsfrom houzz: top trends in bathroom remodels
- 10 Ways To Update Your Home For Spring
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Bad Decorating Habits To Quit Now
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- 10 Home Mistakes You Can't Afford To Make
- The Most Outrageous New Pet Products
- Declutter Your Home For Less
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Pretty on the Outside1 of 11
Sand & Aqua2 of 11
This combo is a natural choice if you want to cultivate a coastal vibe. The aqua front door is bold, while the underside of the porch, roof and the roof overhangs suggest blue sky. White trim keeps the overall look neat and crisp.
Brick & Aqua3 of 11
Consider a watery shade of aqua and shiny gold hardware to brighten up traditional brick.
Black & White4 of 11
A black-and-white palette can be classic and traditional or avant-garde. Try a crisp white paint on siding and an inky black on trim, doors, railings and stairs for a chic, minimalist look. Seek out matte black hardware for your door as a finishing touch.
ON HOUZZ: 12 Gorgeous Black-andWhite Bathrooms
Mint & White5 of 11
A pretty, light shade of mint green looks springy and works well on any house style. Keep it simple with all-white trim or kick it up a notch with deep navy-blue shutters.
ON HOUZZ: Mint Green Is Fresh Again
Blue & Black6 of 11
Treat pale blue just as you would the soft mint in the previous picture—pair it with white trim and a navy or black door and shutters.
ON HOUZZ: Are Shutters Right For You?
Mint & Aqua7 of 11
Not for the color shy, these two strong shades create a bold look. Temper the vibrant combo with plenty of white. In this pic, natural wood fencing brings a welcome organic note.
ON HOUZZ: How to Choose the Right Fence
Gray & Blue8 of 11
Take a cue from this new midcentury-style home and update the look with a different shade of gray paint on each type of siding, then bring attention front and center with a bright blue door.
ON HOUZZ: Guides to Picking a Front Door Color
Taupe & Blue9 of 11
A preppy take on the classic beach-inspired pairing of sand and blue, this crisp shade of cornflower feels more New England nautical than Caribbean. Accessorize with classic white rockers or Adirondacks and Cape Cod–style lanterns.
ON HOUZZ: How to Choose the Right Exterior Color
Cornflower & Turquoise10 of 11
Pale blue siding, cornflower-blue shutters and a vibrant turquoise front door add up to megawatt curb appeal. A palette with this much going on tends to work best on a small cottage or bungalow. Keep details light and breezy with barn-style porch lights, white trim and a wooden porch.
Navy & Orange11 of 11
A navy house with white trim couldn't get any more classic—but the juicy orange door adds personal flair. A bright red, lemon yellow or chartreuse door would also look stunning here.
ARE WE FRIENDS YET? Like Glo on Facebook
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession