11 unique & affordable hostess gifts
- Next1 of 12Lambert/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 12Courtesy of Hamptons Lane
- Previous Next3 of 12Courtesy of Nudo Italia
- Previous Next4 of 12Courtesy of C Wonder
- Previous Next5 of 12Courtesy of Tuthilltown Spirits
- Previous Next6 of 12Courtesy of Fred Flare
- Previous Next7 of 12Courtesy of Anthropologie
- Previous Next8 of 12Courtesy of e.l.f
- Previous Next9 of 12Courtesy of Chronicle Books
- Previous Next10 of 12Courtesy of Sugar Paper
- Previous Next11 of 12Courtesy of Clos du Bois
- Previous Next12 of 12Courtesy of Society 6
You're Invited...Back1 of 12
By Naomi Jaul
With invitations to barbecues, dinner parties and beach-house weekends, summer can be a whirl of social engagements. And because you're the kind of thoughtful guest who never shows up empty-handed (but doesn't want to bring just another bottle of wine), we've pulled together a list of gifts that are thoughtful, practical and affordable.
Morning Brew2 of 12
Spending the night? Wake your host with a bespoke cup of joe. Hamptons Lane matches personality traits with a variety of roasts, creating customized coffee blends that you can also personally name.
SHOP NOW: Hamptons Lane Create a Blend, $14
Italian Treats3 of 12
Show your taste for the artisanal with this authentic extra virgin, cold-pressed olive oil. This gift also comes with a baby olive tree to grow at home—you can call it a starter orchard.
SHOP NOW: Nudo Italian olive garden, $25
Say Cheese4 of 12
Does your host know her Manchego from her Mahon? Then a monogrammed cheeseboard with matching spreader is the ultimate personalized gift.
SHOP NOW: C Wonder Monogram cheese board with spreader, $22
Twisted Bitters5 of 12
Gourmet bitters in a vintage-style bottle is essential for a sophisticated bar cart. This barrel-aged blend of un-aged rye spirit, Sarsaparilla, 14 herbs and maple syrup will add a new dimension to an old-fashioned.
SHOP NOW: Basement Bitters Bitter Frost, $20
Map Quest6 of 12
Gift your jet-setting friend this scratch-off map and a coin—then watch them reveal all the locations they've visited.
SHOP NOW: Where I've Been scratch map, $19
In Bloom7 of 12
A fresh bouquet is lovely but short-lived, especially in the summer heat. This porcelain vase has the look of a fresh bud—and will always stay that way.
SHOP NOW: Anthropologie porcelain flower vase, $20
Handy Mani8 of 12
Visiting a high school friend for the weekend? This compact cube will charm her: 14 fun, quick-dry nail polishes that you can try out together, just like old times.
SHOP NOW: e.l.f. Essential 14-piece Nail Cube, $14
Foodie Facts9 of 12
Bring back the after-dinner parlor game trend with this fun trivia set—ideal for the hosts who know their way around the kitchen, the butcher shop and farmers market.
SHOP NOW: Foodie Fight Rematch, $19
Gold Coast10 of 12
These letter-press coasters will add a little sparkle to cocktail hour, while keeping your hostess's tabletop safe from beverage stains.
SHOP NOW: Sugar Paper gold cheers coasters, $26 for 15
Wine Pairings11 of 12
This wine-lover's package goes one step further than your basic bottle of vino. It includes a cheery yellow "Wines I Sipped and Liked" notebook for the budding vinophile.
SHOP NOW: Clos du Bois North Coast Chardonnay and notebook, $20
Art With Heart12 of 12
For the fashionable host who owns more heels than flats—a piece of whimsical art depicting a pair of stilettos that can be hung in the bathroom, bedroom or more aptly, her walk-in closet.
SHOP NOW: Note to Self Stilettos art print, $25
NEXT ON GLO: Become a Domestic Goddess in 10 Easy Steps
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession