Unlikely Design Icon: Sailor Girl
- Next1 of 17Glo
- Previous NextWant It!2 of 17Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous NextWant It!3 of 17Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous NextWant It!4 of 17Courtesy of Horne
- Previous NextWant It!5 of 17Courtesy of Etsy
- Previous Next6 of 17Glo
- Previous NextWant It!7 of 17Courtesy of Restoration Hardware
- Previous NextWant It!8 of 17Courtesy of Velocity Art & Design
- Previous NextWant It!9 of 17Courtesy of Etsy
- Previous NextWant It!10 of 17Courtesy of Pottery Barn
- Previous Next11 of 17Courtesy of Jonathan Adler
- Previous NextWant It!12 of 17Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma Home
- Previous NextWant It!13 of 17Courtesy of Izola
- Previous NextWant It!14 of 17Courtesy of Gent Supply Co.
- Previous NextWant It!15 of 17Courtesy of Ralph Lauren Home
- Previous NextWant It!16 of 17Courtesy of Remodelista
- Previous NextWant It!17 of 17Courtesy of Williams-Sonoma Home
Updated Sailor_v01B1 of 17
Wood Work2 of 17
By Amy Elisa Keith
Whether arranged in a cluster or used as playful doorstops, these hand-carved buoys add a rustic look to your space.
SHOP NOW: Distressed Wood Buoys, from $14
Fisherman's Wharf3 of 17
The seafaring look of these vintage naval lanterns would add charm to a breakfast nook.
SHOP NOW: Fisherman's Pendant Track Lighting, from $199
In The Navy4 of 17
Dive in deep with this cobalt and white bone china jug, perfect for a daytime lunch affair or as a water pitcher at your next summer barbecue.
SHOP NOW: Cobalt Large Jug With Handle, $59
Under The Sea5 of 17
Take a cue from this month's trend by hanging a vintage book page, illustrated with a beautiful blue octopus. It reminds us of a chic, grown-up version of The Little Mermaid villain Ursula.
SHOP NOW: Blue Octopus Vintage Book Page Art, $9
Pirate's Booty6 of 17
Set these playful vessels on your coffee table to prompt a hearty yo-ho-ho from your guests.
SHOP NOW: Jonathan Adler Large Utopia Sailor/Pirate Bowl, $150
Two If By Sea7 of 17
Equip your home with these sconces, which are crafted to resemble lights used by yachtsmen in the 1920s.
SHOP NOW: French Nautical Sconce, $199
Whale Watching8 of 17
Literature lovers will appreciate this Moby Dick-inspired jute pillow.
SHOP NOW: Thomas Paul Moby Jute Pillow, $70
Star Gazing9 of 17
This starfish wreath is perfect for a beach wedding gift—or to use in your own beachfront cottage.
SHOP NOW: Beach Decor Starfish Wreath, $100
In The Drink10 of 17
Tote bottles of vino in these decorative bags made from sailcloth.
SHOP NOW: Sea Bag Recycled Sailcloth Wine Bag, $29
Anchor's Aweigh11 of 17
Make this nautical-mod rug the mainstay of your space. Try it beside the bed or in your foyer. Or be bold and custom-order a larger size for the living room.
SHOP NOW: Jonathan Adler Anchor Rug, $650
Uncharted Waters12 of 17
Travel the globe from sea to sea without leaving your sofa, thanks to this taupe pillow that features a vintage map.
SHOP NOW: Printed World Map Pillow, $78
It's A Wash13 of 17
For a subtle infusion of the nautical trend, place these fragrant organic soaps in a guest bathroom or beside the kitchen sink.
SHOP NOW: 3 Soaps Maritime Soap Set, $19
Tipple Time14 of 17
Pop open a bottle of suds with this marine-inspired opener. The stopper comes in handy if you can’t make it to the bottom.
SHOP NOW: Anchors Aweigh Bottle Opener & Wine Stopper, $25
Blue Lagoon15 of 17
Like waves lapping at the shore, this tie-dyed pillow infuses the calm ocean tides into your bedroom.
SHOP NOW: Indigo Modern Tie-Dye Pillow, $90
Treasure Chest16 of 17
Nautical rope handles give a touch of old-world charm to this sleek cube of crystal-clear Lucite.
SHOP NOW: Illusion End Table, $998
Know The Ropes17 of 17
Hand knotted from natural jute and filled with coconut husks, this woven buoy captures relaxed beach house style.
SHOP NOW: Decorative Woven Buoy, $225
NEXT ON GLO: May's Unlikely Design Icon: The Zookeeper
- The ultimate guide to freckled skin
- Decor inspiration from your favorite TV shows
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- Never Say These Things About Your Ex
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
- What men really think of 10 fall trends
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession