Embrace old-school style with classroom decor
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Remodelista
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Pottery Barn Teen
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of EarthSeaWarrior
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Ikea
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Red Line Vintage
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Schoolhouse Electric
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of General Electric
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Twenty Gage
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of The Container Store
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Red Line Vintage
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Schoolhouse Electric
- Embrace old-school style with classroom decorMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Schoolhouse Rocks1 of 11
By Stacey Lindsay for Remodelista
Kids aren't the only ones going back to school this fall. With metal lockers, wall maps and chalkboards, traditional classroom staples can give any home a playful vintage touch.
Chalk It Up2 of 11
The beauty of the blackboard: Doodle notes and appointments, then start over with a clean slate. This framed version contains a space to frame a photo or favorite object.
SHOP NOW: Oversized framed chalkboard, $55
ON REMODELISTA: Chalkboard Paint Ideas
Bright Idea3 of 11
Mixing old with new, these one-of-a-kind vintage lamps bring some fun to your workspace with funky cords in vibrant colors.
SHOP NOW: Vintage industrial green lamp, $185
ON REMODELISTA: Revitalized Vintage on Etsy
Map Quest4 of 11
Part geography lesson, part art piece, a world map is a timeless way to add character to any room. Printed on high-quality canvas, this one has major vintage appeal.
SHOP NOW: Premiar map, $149
ON REMODELISTA: Urban Legends: Transit Maps as Decor
Single File5 of 11
A throwback to the days of the Dewey decimal system, a vintage library card catalog is a unique way to store jewelry and personal collectibles for safe keeping.
SHOP NOW: Vintage card catalog file, $72
ON REMODELISTA: Vintage Items as Decor
Department Chair6 of 11
When Schoolhouse Electric designed this seat, they took into consideration all the details of the original 20th century pieces found in studios and classrooms throughout the U.S. Made of welded steel and maple wood, this drafting chair is the perfect height for kitchen counters.
SHOP NOW: Drafting chair, $288
ON REMODELISTA: A Housewares Line With an Early-Industrial Vibe
Time Out7 of 11
You'll never be tardy again with this eye-catching vintage school clock from General Electric.
SHOP NOW: Vintage General Electric clock, $72
ON REMODELISTA: 10 Simple Clocks
Heavy Metal8 of 11
Wax nostalgic about your high school days with vintage lockers. The metal storage containers come in various colors and shapes, adding an industrial-chic vibe to any room, kitchen, bedroom or office. No combination required!
SHOP NOW: Basket Locker, $1,650
ON REMODELISTA: School Lockers as Storage
Stay Sharp9 of 11
Checking off items from your to-do list will feel even better with a no. 2 pencil freshly sharpened with this old-school find.
SHOP NOW: Vacuum mount pencil sharpener, $40
ON REMODELISTA: Work Week: Desk Essentials
Blue Moon10 of 11
Created in the 1960s in the midst of the space race, this vintage tin moon globe includes details of various craters and landing sites.
SHOP NOW: Vintage J. Chein moon globe, $142
ON REMODELISTA: Maps As Children's Room Decor
The Right Direction11 of 11
An aluminum arrow by Schoolhouse Electric, reminiscent of the signs that graced elementary school hallways, adds a retro spin to your wall decor.
SHOP NOW: Embossed arrow sign, $20
ON REMODELISTA: Aluminum Signs From Schoolhouse Electric