Viceroy Hotel: Get the Look
- Next1 of 11Courtesy of Viceroy Hotel Group
- Previous Next2 of 11Courtesy of Viceroy Hotel Group
- Previous Next3 of 11Courtesy of Viceroy Hotel Group
- Previous Next4 of 11Courtesy of Viceroy Hotel Group
- Previous Next5 of 11Courtesy of Sferra
- Previous Next6 of 11Courtesy of Viceroy Hotel Group
- Previous Next7 of 11Courtesy of Viceroy Hotel Group
- Previous Next8 of 11Courtesy of Viceroy Hotel Group
- Previous Next9 of 11Courtesy of Viceroy Hotel Group
- Previous Next10 of 11Courtesy of Viceroy Hotel Group
- Previous Next11 of 11Courtesy of Viceroy Hotel Group
- Viceroy Hotel: Get the LookMakeover Your Home in 30 minutes or Less
- Wedding DIYs That Are Actually Worth It
- The Most Embarrassing Wedding Fails Ever
- 10 Unexpected Colors For Home Exteriors
- 8 clever DIY ideas for your kitchen
- 12 Fun Facts to Kick Off Your Summer
- The Best Anti-Aging Products For Your Home
- A+ Teacher's Gifts For Less Than $20
- 8 Ways To Make Over Your Windows
- How to Protect Your Biggest Decor Investments
- Home Decor Tricks Every Woman Should Know
- Fresh (Not Frumpy) Floral Decor
- 10 Cheap & Chic Summer Decorating Trends
- Unbelievable Bathroom Makeovers
- Outdoor Entertaining Essentials Under $75
- Instagram Feeds To Follow For Home Decor
- Design Secrets For A Stress-Free Home
- Unforgettable Front Porches
- Design Ideas For Travel Lovers
Sunny Delight1 of 11
By Amy Elisa Keith
In the 1930s, the desert was Hollywood's playground and Viceroy Palm Springs played host to stars including Clark Gable and Joan Crawford. Today, the boutique hotel has retained its glamor, while undergoing a modern update by interior designer Kelly Wearstler. Prepare to be surprised by the her playful style—and find out how you can bring the look home.
Be Graphic2 of 11
The first thing Viceroy visitors see when they arrive is this potentially dizzying yellow-and-white tilework in the lobby. Establish an eye-catching wall in your own entryway with a similarly graphic design.
SHOP NOW: Greek Key in Taupe, $195
Keep it Clean3 of 11
Starting with an all-white palette may seem like a recipe for disaster—either too bland or too high-maintenance—but don’t be afraid to embrace the clean look this summer. If white rugs are too risky, try accent furniture in an off-white shade or play it safe with white-on-white wall décor.
Mix Master4 of 11
Display family heirlooms alongside modern pieces like Wearstler, who dots the dessert property with carefully arranged accessories, easily bringing together old and new.
Soft Swirl5 of 11
Embrace the trend of creamy marble without making a huge investment. This statement pillow in a marbled metallic print can be a sophisticated addition to your sofa.
SHOP NOW: Kelly Wearstler for Sferra Quartz Pillow, $128
Up Against the Wall6 of 11
In the treatment rooms of the hotel spa, Wearstler added dimension and detail to the walls with black paint and linear frames. Achieve a similar look with wall decals in rectangular shapes.
SHOP NOW: Olivia Headboard Wall Decal, $40
Sitting Pretty7 of 11
The boutique hotel gathers guests around Citron, a breakfast nook-turned-bar that feels relaxed by day, fun by night. Look to mid-century chairs to help create an atmosphere that's both casual and classic.
SHOP NOW: Bertoia Barstool, from $889
Make a Splash8 of 11
As with many of her designed properties, Wearstler loves to put furniture in the pool's shallow end for an instant cooldown. Create a hotel-like oasis in your own backyard with sleek loungers lined up poolside.
SHOP NOW: Bask Sun Lounger, $299
Getting Personal9 of 11
To provide refuge from the desert sun, Wearstler sprinkled cabanas throughout the property. Monogrammed throw pillows on outdoor furniture help add a personalized feel.
SHOP NOW: Letter Pillow, $98
Timeless Beauty10 of 11
In the restaurant, the all-white space welcomes a bit of color thanks to the mirror's reflection. Otherwise, it's almost entirely monochromatic down to the tableware.
SHOP NOW: Kelly Wearstler Pickard China, from $57
Star Quality11 of 11
Suites on the property feel like standalone homes. To refresh a room in your own home, reupholster a chair or sofa in a fun new fabric. (Use leftover fabric to make throw pillows for other pieces.)
SHOP NOW: Sunflower Zebra Chair, $1,759
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession