Wedding day advice every bride should read
- Next1 of 10Stockbyte/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 10Courtesy of Allie M.
- Previous Next3 of 10Courtesy of Riki J.
- Previous Next4 of 10Courtesy of Erin B.
- Previous Next5 of 10Courtesy of Christina C.
- Previous Next6 of 10Courtesy of Henryshoots.com
- Previous Next7 of 10Courtesy of Miriam K.
- Previous Next8 of 10Linda Burgess/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 10Stockbyte/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 10SSPL/Getty Images
Wedding Day Snafus1 of 10
By Andie Huber
There are the potential wedding day glitches that you try to plan for—rain, blitzed groomsmen or an unhappy bridesmaid. Then there are the ones that you never saw coming. We asked ten brides to share what they wish they'd known before their big day.
Horsing Around2 of 10
"If you ride through town, on a horse-and-carriage ride, it may involve heckling from the local kids." —Allie M., Warwick, N.Y.
Picture This3 of 10
"If your friend offers to photograph your wedding to save you money, make sure they use a flash." —Riki J., Philadelphia
Let's Dance4 of 10
"Watch your head when you Hora." –Erin B., Brooklyn
Takes the Cake5 of 10
"The entire wedding everyone raved about how amazing the food was—until the vegan cake was served. It was inedible." —Christina C., Westchester, N.Y.
Round & Round6 of 10
"If you hire a bus to drive your guests from one destination to another, make sure he has the right directions." —Andie H., Los Angeles
Put a Ring On It7 of 10
"If you use a ring-bearer pillow, make sure the rings are tied down tight—miraculously the wedding planner found ours two hours into the reception." —Miriam K., Brooklyn
Center of Attention8 of 10
"Centerpieces can easily become way too big, making conversation at the table tricky." —Lauren R., Kansas
Hot in Here9 of 10
"If you don't want to get sweaty, don't have an outdoor wedding in Baltimore, in August." —Julie S., Baltimore
Lost in Translation10 of 10
"Make sure guests understand your dress code: 'morning dress' can mean a lot of different things to lots of people." —Kat S., London
NEXT ON GLO: Stop Making These Lighting Mistakes
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession