Reasons to Love Middle-Aged Men
- Next1 of 14Pierce Bronsan: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next2 of 14Taye Diggs: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 14Robert Downey Jr.: Jordan Strauss/WireImage
- Previous Next4 of 14Javier Bardem: bauergriffinonline.com
- Previous Next5 of 14Blair Underwood: John Parra/FilmMagic
- Previous Next6 of 14Warren Beatty, 1982: Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next7 of 14George Clooney: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next8 of 14Pierce Bronsan: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next9 of 14Humphrey Bogart, 1940: John Kobal Foundation/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 14Sidney Poitier, 1983: Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next11 of 14Cary Grant, 1933: John Kobal Foundation/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 14Glo
- Previous Next13 of 14Josh Brolin: RD/Orchon/Retna Digital
- Previous Next14 of 14George Clooney, Justin Bieber: Splash News
Like a Fine Wine...1 of 14
By Julie Fishman, editor of The Little Black Blog of Big Red Flags
As evidenced by Pierce Brosnan and George Clooney, men only get better with age. More confident and experienced, a middle-aged man knows what he wants and how to get it as well as who he wants and how to treat her. Here are ten more reasons why you may want to ditch Bieber for Bon Jovi.
They're Super Sexy2 of 14
Who wants a skinny boy with peach fuzz when you can have a beefy man with a five o’clock shadow? An older guy knows how to wear a suit, and his salt-and-pepper hair complements it quite well. While he may have a few wrinkles, they make him look rugged and all the more sexy.
They Know What They Want3 of 14
Men of a certain age have dated around enough to know what they're looking for in a woman. They’re more forthright from the start, saving you the endless hours spent wondering “what are we?” and “is this going anywhere?” that are inevitable when you’re dating a relationship rookie.
They’re Established4 of 14
While the twentysomethings are still couch-surfing and job hunting, men in their mid-thirties, forties and fifties own homes and have long-standing careers. Without the need to prove or establish themselves, older men have more time to dote on you and more money to put toward said doting.
ON THE LITTLE BLACK BLOG: Red Flag Hall of Fame
They're Confident5 of 14
Older men know who they are and what they have to offer. While everyone has insecurities and doubts, men who’ve lived a bit more tend to have the self-knowledge that a lot of younger guys struggle with. A confident man won’t burden you with ego stroking and will be able to handle the inevitable thick and thin of any relationship.
They’re Good in Bed6 of 14
Having had plenty of practice, an older man usually knows his way around the female body and communicates well between the sheets. Plus, with less testosterone flying around, they can take it slow, focus on you and hold out longer.
ON THE LITTLE BLACK BLOG: Dating Horror Stories
They’re More Mature7 of 14
It’s common knowledge that women mature faster than men. While a lot of women in their twenties are looking for a long-term relationship, most men that age aren’t ready to settle down yet. Having sown their wild oats and dated around, older men are more likely to commit.
They’re Groomed8 of 14
Having dated several women before you, an older man’s had plenty of gals “fix him up.” His skin looks great because he knows about moisturizer; he has bath mats outside his shower; and he’s terrific at tweezing his unibrow. Sure, these seem like small things, but they all add up to one dashing dude.
They Won’t Try to Change You9 of 14
Unlike a young gun, a silver fox knows better than to force you to fit his mold — he’s likely tried before and failed. If an older guy is with you, it’s because you have the qualities that he knows he wants. You’re free to be yourself, faults and all.
They Take Vacations10 of 14
Younger men don’t go on vacation very often, mainly because: 1) they don’t have the cash; 2) they can’t take off of work because they still need to impress their boss. An older, established man has both the money and the job security to travel … and take you along, of course.
They'll Teach You Stuff11 of 14
Older men are typically more aware of the world around them — they’re socially, emotionally and financially experienced and can pass those skills along to you. Plus, they’re great Trivial Pursuit partners!
ON THE LITTLE BLACK BLOG: Submit Your Red Flag Story!
They Aren't Tied to the 'Rents12 of 14
Not only are older men established in their lives and careers, they are more independent from their parents. While the bond between mom and son is touching, you're less likely to deal with a meddling mom-in-law with an older man.
Their Hormones Are Calmer13 of 14
We don't know about you, but we have yet to meet a woman looking for a guy with more testosterone. As this hormone drops with age, men are less prone to angry outbursts and more in touch with their ability to listen to us.
Now, the Other Side14 of 14
Okay, so I've told you the benefits of older men, but now it's time to give younger men their due. Read on to learn why dating down may be just as fulfilling ...
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession