Reasons to Love Younger Men
- Next1 of 14Bo Derek & John Corbett: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next2 of 14Ashton Kutcher & Demi Moore: Can Nguyen/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next3 of 14Victoria & David Beckham: Amelie Mucci/LE/Splash News
- Previous Next4 of 14Rebecca Romijn & Jerry O'Connell: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage
- Previous Next5 of 14Bo Derek & John Corbett: AXELLE/BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next6 of 14Diane Kruger & Joshua Jackson: PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next7 of 14Selena Gomez & Justin Bieber: Brabus/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next8 of 14Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell: BAUER-GRIFFIN.COM
- Previous Next9 of 14Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 14Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: Josephine Santos/PacificCoastNews.com
- Previous Next11 of 14Barbara Hershey & Naveen Andrews: RD/Gershoff/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next12 of 14Ashley Judd & Dario Franchitti:Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.
- Previous Next13 of 14Mimi Rogers & Tom Cruise: Ron Galella/WireImage
- Previous Next14 of 14Ashton Kutcher & Demi Moore: Can Nguyen/Capital Pictures/Retna Ltd.
Fountain of Youth1 of 14
By Meagan McCrary, editor of The Little Black Blog of Big Red Flags
When I was in my twenties I wouldn’t be caught dead dating a man under the age of 35. Now that I’m 30 (and more confident), I’ve changed my mind. If you can get over the what-will-people-think? factor, coupling with a younger man really does have its perks…
They Give You a Boost2 of 14
Not only are you a sexy mama capable of catching the eye of a young stud, he’ll be impressed by everything about you, from your worldly knowledge to your sexual know-how. When you’re dating someone who thinks you’re the coolest thing since Kool-Aid, your self-esteem’s going to climb a few notches.
They Appreciate You3 of 14
Guys mature enough to date older women are mature enough to know they’ve got a good thing (something I wish I could say for all men). They admire your experience and wisdom and appreciate you for simply being a part of their lives.
They're Teachable4 of 14
If you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, it’s best to get a new pup. Not as set in their ways as their older counterparts, younger men are more open-minded and more willing to try new things. Which means they’re more willing to please (wink, wink).
ON THE LITTLE BLACK BLOG: Red Flag Hall of Fame
They’re Compatible5 of 14
While the exact age women reach their sexual peak is still up for debate, it’s fair to say that women in their thirties tend to be more in tune with their sexual needs than girls in their early twenties. That being said, younger men have more stamina and enthusiasm … you do the math.
They Have Less Baggage6 of 14
Men in their early twenties typically don’t have ex-wives or children, and they haven’t had too much time to collect debt or seriously screw up their lives. Less baggage equates to less drama and more freedom – a serious advantage of dating younger men.
They’re Not Threatened7 of 14
Tired of dating girls who don’t know what they want, younger men are attracted to the confidence and independence possessed by an older woman. While a man equal in age may be threatened by your success and autonomy, a younger guy admires you for it.
They Have More Energy8 of 14
If it’s excitement and fun you’re looking for, date a younger guy. Whether you like to salsa, rock climb, scuba dive, travel, whatever — those young ones can go, go, go and are always up for the next adventure.
ON THE LITTLE BLACK BLOG: Dating Horror Stories
They’re Sensitive9 of 14
Although the societal pressure to “be a man” still exists, younger generations of men seem to be more in touch with their emotional sides, which can be a good thing when they’re dating us.
They’re in Good Shape10 of 14
While this perk doesn’t necessarily apply to all younger men, it’s safe to say that compared with the older crowd, these guys are easy on the eyes. Looks aren’t everything, but when you’ve got a man who’s more apt to work out, still has baby-smooth skin, a full head of hair and a hard body, well, who doesn’t want that?
They Have Family Ties11 of 14
While I wouldn't advocate dating a momma's boy, being with a younger guy allows you to see how he acts in family situations (for better or for worse) because he is more likely to be closer to his parents than an older man would be.
They Are More Fertile12 of 14
While men can become dads well into middle age, research has found that when it comes to certain conditions, the younger the sperm, the better the chances of having a healthy baby.
They’re Still Men!13 of 14
Many of us tend to discount younger men as if they are no more than boys. While this is true for some, younger men are still that — men.
ON THE LITTLE BLACK BLOG: Submit Your Red Flag Story!
Advice for the Guys14 of 14
Now you know why younger guys can make great partners, but what did they do to land their ladies? If you've ever wondered how Ashton snagged his wife Demi, read on to learn the best tactics to try when flirting with an older woman.
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession