10 Secrets Men Keep From Women
What husband don't tell their wives
- Sam Edwards/Getty Images
Ever feel like your opinionated hubby's holding something back? Men aren't naturally gifted at expressing themselves like women, so they may keep quiet about sensitive subjects. But those secrets can cause marriage problems. "If it's safe for him to speak honestly, that might improve his experience in the relationship," says clinical psychologist Andra Brosh, PhD. Here's what your husband may be hiding and how best to handle it.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Things Men Wish Women Knew About Sex
1. "I need you to make me feel like a big, strong man."
Your husband may feel insecure if his masculine qualities, like physical strength, never impress you. "This isn't the '50s anymore, but there are still some genetically determined pieces of men's self-worth," says marriage therapist Mike Dow, PsyD. Since he'll feel even less like a tough guy divulging this need for extra attention, he'll stay mum. So compliment his brawn—even if it's just for popping the lid off the jam jar. Also, give him a chance to assemble that dresser before offering your expertise. Dr. Dow says if you take charge instead of letting him take care of it, he'll feel emasculated.
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession