10 Secrets Men Keep From Women
What husband don't tell their wives
2. "Yes, I was checking out that woman."
The male brain is hardwired to notice pretty young things, since they're likely to be fertile and capable of producing healthy children, says Dr. Dow. In fact, your hubby's head may turn before his brain realizes! Call him out for ogling or flirting, but let him off the hook for the occasional quick glance. "His brain is closer to an animal's than yours," explains Dr. Dow. "As long as you're the person he dotes on, sleeps with and adores, that 25-year-old has nothing on you."
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 10 Marriage Rules You Should Break
3. "It's not that you look fat in that dress. They just all look the same to me."
Distant sights may register easily for him—"his hunter brain needed to target animals far away to bring home dinner a few thousand years back," says Dr. Dow—but he isn't attuned to finer, up-close details. To him, the blue dress looks just like the red one you tried on. If he stumbles through a response about your outfit when you ask what he thinks, don't read into it. "If he married you, it's because he thinks you're beautiful," says Dr. Dow. "He wants you to wear whatever dress you like best."
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession