10 Secrets Men Keep From Women
What husband don't tell their wives
4. "Making love is great, but let's just have sex on occasion."
When it comes to doing the deed, men are microwaves and women are slow cookers, says Dr. Dow. "Your female brain is swimming in oxytocin, which gives you a peaceful high throughout the day, but men's testosterone depresses oxytocin production—but he gets a big oxytocin dose right after an orgasm," says Dr. Dow. While he enjoys the romance of making love, sometimes he'd prefer to get to the big O faster. It's tough for him to delicately explain this, so if he's normally eager to please you, return the favor every now and then with a mind-blowing quickie.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 9 Fights to Have With Your Husband
5. "I have particular sexual fantasies."
Whether it's innocent or risqué, he probably won't make these most private wishes known—but not because he wants to keep them to himself. "Many men have a difficult time communicating what they prefer in bed," says Charles J. Orlando, author of The Problem with Women... is Men. "He might want it, but doesn't know how to ask or let you know." Help him by sharing one of your fantasies, Orlando suggests. "Nothing like showing your vulnerability to encourage him to do the same."
- How to train your brain to be more optimistic
- The nail-polish color for your zodiac sign
- New fragrance helps you smell like Pharrell
- 10 everyday objects turned into art
- Best Celebrity Bangs in History
- 13 things women do better than men
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession