10 Secrets Men Keep From Women
What husband don't tell their wives
6. "Sometimes I'd rather you be quiet."
Although you're perfectly capable of listening to him while you're relaxing, he can't multitask as well. "The male brain is more linear, moving from task to task," says Dr. Dow. Plus, "communicating at work all day exhausts his brain more than yours." But admitting he needs alone time as you spill your office problem doesn't seem supportive, so he doesn't bring it up. Try giving him some space when he comes home. Once he's had the chance to unwind, "conversation will come more easily for him," says Dr. Dow. It will be more enjoyable for you too.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: 9 Ways to Initiate Sex
7. "I lie to keep the peace."
If he doesn't know what'll set you off, he may fib to avoid a potential confrontation. "If we get that this secrecy is about fear, we can be more compassionate and help our mate with his anxieties," says couples therapist Sue Johnson, PhD, author of Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love. If he messes up and 'fesses up, take a deep breath and address it without getting angry. And if you do fight, tell him after that you nevertheless appreciate his honesty.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession