10 Things Never to Say to Childless Friends
The questions and comments women without kids hate hearing
10. "Since you don't have kids, you can afford a new car/remodeling project/vacation."
Not every childfree person is merrily jet-setting around the world, says Scott. "Many times the goal is to retire early or follow a passion that may not produce a hefty paycheck," she adds. Angel says that acquaintances often assume she and her husband are rolling in extra money because they don't have kids. "People make blanket statements about our finances without considering that we both work for nonprofits," she says. A less intrusive approach: Compliment your friend's hobby or project ("I love your new kitchen tiles!"), but don't bring money—or children—into the conversation.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession