10 Things Never to Say to Childless Friends
The questions and comments women without kids hate hearing
10. "Since you don't have kids, you can afford a new car/remodeling project/vacation."
Not every childfree person is merrily jet-setting around the world, says Scott. "Many times the goal is to retire early or follow a passion that may not produce a hefty paycheck," she adds. Angel says that acquaintances often assume she and her husband are rolling in extra money because they don't have kids. "People make blanket statements about our finances without considering that we both work for nonprofits," she says. A less intrusive approach: Compliment your friend's hobby or project ("I love your new kitchen tiles!"), but don't bring money—or children—into the conversation.
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession