10 Ways to Think Yourself Beautiful
- Next1 of 11Imaxtree
- Previous Next2 of 11Imaxtree
- Previous Next3 of 11Imaxtree
- Previous Next4 of 11Imaxtree
- Previous Next5 of 11Imaxtree
- Previous Next6 of 11Imaxtree
- Previous Next7 of 11Imaxtree
- Previous Next8 of 11Imaxtree
- Previous Next9 of 11Imaxtree
- Previous Next10 of 11Imaxtree
- Previous Next11 of 11Imaxtree
- 10 Ways to Think Yourself Beautiful9 Things You Need to Stop Doing to Your Skin ASAP
- 15 Pretty Celeb Looks To Steal
- Beauty Secrets From A VS Supermodel
- 8 Unusual Beauty Tips You've Never Heard Of
- The 9 Hottest Nail Colors For Summer 2014
- 10 Beauty & Style Trends From South America
- Outrageous Nails: International Edition
- 13 Waterproof Beauty Products That Work
- 11 Cult Makeup & Hair Products From Asia
- 12 Ways You Apply Your Makeup Wrong
- This Season's Hottest Blonde Hair Colors
- 10 Essential Makeup Tips For Blondes
- 15 Most Iconic Blondes Of All Time
- Glo Tested: The Best Sunscreens for Summer
- 9 Short & Easy Celeb Haircuts To Steal Now
- 12 Beauty Secrets From a Top TV Host
- 13 Drugstore Beauty Buys the Experts Swear By
- 20 Life-Changing Ways To Use Bobby Pins
- 18 Next-Big-Thing Beauty Products
Feel Pretty Now!1 of 11
By Alison Singh Gee
Ever wonder how that one woman — you know the one I’m talking about — always manages to have all eyes on her? “As most gorgeous women know,” says Dr. Eva Ritvo, co-author of The Beauty Principle, “Beauty is about valuing yourself. That’s what gets you noticed.” Try these tips, and get ready for some attention.
Know You’re Prettier Than You Think2 of 11
When women look in the mirror, they only see their physical features reflected. What they don’t realize is that it’s a sexy voice, a great sense of humor, a poetic way of speaking or stunning insights that enhance their appeal to others. Remember that you’re even more gorgeous than the mirror tells you.
Beam a Gracious Smile3 of 11
Doing this simple action when you enter a room attracts others to you. “Emotions are contagious — everyone wants to be around those who make us feel good,” says Dr. Ritvo.
Turn Your Personal Heat On4 of 11
Remember that summer in Paris when you caught every set of male eyes on the boulevard? Was it your toned legs or the fact that you knew your toned legs looked amazing? “Confidence instantly adds to your beauty,” says Dr. Ritvo. Turn up the heat, baby!
Look at Your Best Photos5 of 11
These will lift your mood and help you focus on the positive aspects of your appearance.
Change Your Look6 of 11
Blow-dry your hair, or get a new mascara or lipstick. Do your nails. Go to the spa for a facial and the sauna. Self-care is important as it reminds you of your own value. When you look as if you care for yourself, others will take note and value you too. How’s that for a self-esteem booster?
Do a Media Detox7 of 11
Stop watching TV and looking at celebrity magazines. Just say no! Studies have shown that when we compare ourselves to these airbrushed, retouched women, we feel worse about ourselves. Instead, spend all that time focusing on your own special brand of beauty.
Do the Park Bench Experiment8 of 11
Sit on a park bench and watch real women passing by. Find something beautiful about each one. This will help you to expand your concept of beauty and appreciate your own unique features.
Hang with a Beauty Buddy9 of 11
Hang out with a friend who makes you feel beautiful inside and out. Studies have shown that spending time with girlfriends actually releases oxytocin, the feel-good hormone. And that’s gotta show up on your face!
Adopt Different Personas10 of 11
Try alternating your sporty Anna Kournikova look — flared short skirt, fitted tee and a pony tail – with your café-sophisticate Catherine Deneuve mien — kohl-rimmed eyes, coiffed hair, and pencil skirt and heels, for example. “Variety is key to attractiveness,” says Dr. Ritvo.
Don't Call Out Your Flaws11 of 11
Few friends would notice your budding pimple or skimpy eyelashes if you didn’t mention them! If you must say something about your appearance, focus on the positives: “Life is really great for me right now. I hope it shows on my face.” In a low-key, self-valuing way, you can speak yourself beautiful, too.
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession