13 Things to See, Shop & Read in February
- Next1 of 14Glo
- Previous Next2 of 14Linda Davidson/The Washington Post/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 14BEImages/Matt Baron
- Previous Next4 of 14Courtesy of WW Norton
- Previous Next5 of 14Courtesy of BUTTER London
- Previous Next6 of 14Bryan Bedder/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 14Richard Heathcote/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 14Courtesy of Target
- Previous Next9 of 14Courtesy of Harper
- Previous Next10 of 14Courtesy of Target
- Previous Next11 of 14Larry Busacca/Getty Images
- Previous Next12 of 14Roadside Attractions/Photofest
- Previous Next13 of 14Michael Ansell/ABC/Getty Images
- Previous Next14 of 14Glo
- 13 Things to See, Shop & Read in February5 Zodiac Signs That Party Hard
- Find out why some signs will never be BFFs
- Hollywood Hunks of Every Sign
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- What Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
Save the Date1 of 14
By Paige Brettingen
There's plenty to get excited about this February—none of it having to do with candy hearts or romantic prix fixe menus. From a best-selling author's latest novel to a celeb's newest shoe line, here are 13 things to love about this month.
Puppy Bowl X2 of 14
Warning: The cuteness that accompanies these events is almost too much to handle. Just before Super Bowl XLVIII kicks off, cheer on the pooches competing in the Puppy Bowl. Besides providing feel-good entertainment, the annual event also strives to find homes for homeless dogs and cats. Oh, and did we mention there's a Kitty Half-Time Show? Tune in at 3/2 CST on Animal Planet.
S.I.'s 50th Anniversary3 of 14
To celebrate 50 years of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, NBC will air a two-hour TV special featuring behind-the-scenes footage from its most iconic covers. Heidi Klum hosts, with special guests Tyra Banks, Christie Brinkley and Kate Upton, along with musical performances by Enrique Iglesias, John Legend and Tim McGraw. It all starts at 9 p.m. EST/PST.
"The UnAmericans"4 of 14
Molly Antopol, a 2013 National Book Foundation "5 Under 35" honoree, makes her fiction debut with this collection of stories that follow American, Israeli and Soviet characters as they endure some of the biggest political and social issues of the past century—the Red Scare, post-communist Europe and the U.S.'s recent economic crash.
Butter LONDON's Ladybird5 of 14
Butter LONDON releases its latest hue in honor of Fashion Week: Ladybird, available as a polish, $15, and lipstick, $18. So even if you can't make it to New York for the shows, your bold pout and nails will make you look as though you just left the catwalk.
New York Fashion Week6 of 14
Take a peek at the fall and winter trends to come later this year and in 2015. Fashion Week starts in New York today, kicking off with designer Nicholas K and ending with Calvin Klein on Feb. 13.
Winter Olympics7 of 14
Cheer on the U.S. in Russia as the XXII Winter Olympics open in Sochi tonight. One pair of athletes to keep an eye on? Meryl Davis and Charlie White, the ice-dancing duo who have been skating together for 15 years and both attend the University of Michigan. Besides being strong contenders for the gold (they won the 2011 and 2013 World Championships), the pair have undeniable chemistry.
Peter Pilotto for Target8 of 14
Target's next designer collaboration arrives in stores and on Net-a-Porter.com today, and we couldn't imagine a better way to get excited for spring. Peter Pilotto's signature kaleidoscopic prints on miniskirts, pantsuits, sneakers and swimsuits come at a fraction of the price of his designer originals ($30 versus $3,000? Sold!).
"The Good Luck of Right Now"9 of 14
From the author of The Silver Linings Playbook comes this latest novel about a man named Bartholomew. After finding a "Free Tibet" letter from Richard Gere in his late mother's drawer, Bartholomew begins writing the actor letters that eventually become a diary of sorts as he constructs his new life while exploring everything from the Dalai Lama's teachings to the mystery of women and cat telepathy.
Rise by Beyoncé10 of 14
The pop queen continues her ascent to the top with her latest fragrance (aptly named Rise) arriving in stores this month. So while we may never know what it's like to be the hottest pop star in the industry, we'll at least know what domination smells like.
Rita Ora for Rimmel11 of 14
As if one pop star's beauty release weren't enough, Rita Ora is debuting her Rimmel London collection this month. We're hoping the lipsticks and nail polishes will dare us to get bolder with our makeup à la Ora.
"In Secret"12 of 14
A historical erotic thriller set in Paris? We're intrigued. Elizabeth Olsen stars as Thérèse, a woman forced into a loveless marriage with her cousin, and then closely watched by her controlling aunt, played by Jessica Lange. Of course, the plot thickens when Thérèse falls for her husband's handsome childhood friend Laurent (Inside Llewyn Davis's Oscar Isaac). Passion, murder and betrayal—the movie has it all. Now you just need the popcorn.
"Scandal" Season 313 of 14
You no longer have to #CopeWithoutPope now that the final eight episodes of season 3 have arrived. Tune in at 10/9 CST on ABC to watch as Olivia Pope's world rises to a "whole new level of crazy," as the promo promises. (And despite claims that Kerry Washington's pregnancy was not written into the script, we have suspicions that was just to throw us all off.)
SJP's Shoe Line14 of 14
You can officially own shoes that are "Carrie approved." Sarah Jessica Parker's 25 Italian-crafted shoes (including The Carrie pump), handbags and Manhattan trench coat—all retailing from $200 to $400—will be unveiled at Nordstrom stores today. As Carrie would say, go on and exercise your "right to shoes."