8 Myths Romantic Comedies Perpetuate
- Next1 of 9Hitch: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 9Knocked Up: Universal Studios/Photofest
- Previous Next3 of 9Moonstruck: MGM/Photofest
- Previous Next4 of 9Serendipity: Miramax/Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 9Sex And The City: HBO/Photofest
- Previous Next6 of 9She's All That: Miramax/Photofest
- Previous Next7 of 9Hitch: Columbia Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next8 of 9The Proposal: Walt Disney Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next9 of 9Pretty Woman: Buena Vista Pictures/Photofest
- 8 Myths Romantic Comedies Perpetuate5 Zodiac Signs That Party Hard
- Find out why some signs will never be BFFs
- Hollywood Hunks of Every Sign
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- What Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
Fractured Fairytales1 of 9
What we see in our favorite chick flicks rarely mimics real life. Which is totally okay — we don't expect our guys to be as suave as Richard Gere or as mushy as John Cusack. However, our pals at TresSugar reported that nearly half of people surveyed in Australia think that rom-coms are actually ruining their views of an ideal relationship. Here are eight relationship myths these films perpetuate. —Glo
Love Changes Him2 of 9
Love can conquer anything, right? Bad habits. Video game obsessions. Irregular bathing. Not likely. He may change for a while, but lasting change really needs to be made for the self and not another.
Sex Solves Problems3 of 9
Unless the problem is he'd like to have sex right now, then all it will provide is distraction.
ON TRESSUGAR: Rantings Of A Single Girl
You Don't Need His Number4 of 9
He always gets the number in rom-coms, and he always calls. And if he doesn't, he has a reason that somehow will make you love him more.
You Just Know He's The One ...5 of 9
... and you're right. We've probably all felt this at some point, and most of us have been proven wrong.
ON TRESSUGAR: How To Officiate A Wedding
Change Yourself, And He'll Fall Head Over Heels6 of 9
How often has the bland girl put on a dress and makeup only to dazzle the guy who didn't know her name 30 minutes ago. It's only like the entire plot of Cinderella!
Playing Hard To Get Works7 of 9
In reality, acting disinterested makes him think you're not interested. He may want you, but he'll probably be too scared to act.
If You Run, He'll Follow8 of 9
Unless he's very confident or very clueless, he's probably not going to make a fool out of himself. Most guys would sooner sit home brokenhearted.
Love Knows No Socioeconomic Bounds9 of 9
Even if we're so magnanimous that we can overlook major class, education and money differences, there's another person's insecurities involved. Not to mention money is one of the most common things couples fight over.