8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- Next1 of 9George Doyle/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 9Georgijevic/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 9Bartomeu Amengual/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 9Lee Edwards/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 9Greg Samborski/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 9Tetra Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 9George Doyle/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 9altrendo images/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 9Cultura/JAG IMAGES/Getty Images
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure5 Zodiac Signs That Party Hard
- Find out why some signs will never be BFFs
- Hollywood Hunks of Every Sign
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- What Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
Touchy Subjects1 of 9
By Frank Kobola for Cosmopolitan
Find out what really makes guys feel insecure.
Having a lame "how we met" story.2 of 9
You're never going to have a meet cute like they do in the movies. Unfortunately, there's no way to spin "we were drunk at a frat party" into something anywhere as good as Jack saving Rose's life, let alone Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore meeting next to a dumpster in The Wedding Singer. That's way too much pressure.
RELATED: 11 Reasons Why He Broke Up With You
Being short on money.3 of 9
Blame the whole hunter/gatherer society aspect, but men still feel like they need to be able to provide for our family. Unless we're making Soulja Boy-buying-a-plane level money, we're always going to feel like we can do more.
Getting older.4 of 9
No guy wants to get to the point where their whole body has the same texture as their balls and their teeth start falling out. And odds are, we're not going to wind up going out as gracefully as Clooney.
Grand gestures of love.5 of 9
We don't have the money saved up to rent hot air balloons, to whisk you away. Hell, if I'm ever in a situation where I have to chase after the love of my life in the airport, I'm not making it past the ticket desk. I have about $8 saved up. That's not enough to buy a ticket to anywhere.
Not being able to open a jar.6 of 9
We will try until our hands are slick with blood. This jelly is not getting the best of us. If you've asked us to open it for you, the stakes are even higher.
Not having enough hair.7 of 9
Are we losing our hair? Can we grow a beard? We need to look like Robin Williams at the start of Jumanji or we are not a man.
RELATED: The Secret Lives of Single Men
Being bad at something.8 of 9
We don't care if this is the first time we've ever played lawn darts. We play to win. Yeah, this might be at a child's birthday party, but if we don't dominate everyone here will think less of us.
Setting our friends up with your friends.9 of 9
In the movies, the leads friends always date each other because you need B and C romantic plotlines so everyone can have a happy ending. This inspires you to set up your best friend with our old college roommate who still wears hemp hoodies and is adamant that Karl Marx had some practical ideas. Somehow, when it ends terribly, we're going to feel awful about it.