9 Eco-Friendly Dates
- Next1 of 10Glo
- Previous Next2 of 10Image Source/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 10Jan Greune/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 10Jupiterimages/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 10Christina Bollen/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 10Jupiterimages/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 10Frank Herholdt
- Previous Next8 of 10Comstock Images/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 10Tooga/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 10GK Hart/Vikki Hart/Getty Images
- 9 Eco-Friendly DatesWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
Relationships_eco-friendly dates_ Intro card1 of 10eco friendly dates
Have a Zero Carbon Footprint Dinner2 of 10
More and more restaurants these days are jumping on board the green trend. Check out your neighborhood restaurant listings to see which ones offer menus with local foods, green energy preparation, organic wines and a little romance.
Organize a Scavenger Hunt3 of 10
Get together with a few couples, make a themed list of items, and pick a color (green, perhaps?).Then go out on foot with a digital camera to take pictures with each item found in the chosen hue. The couple finishing first wins.
Take a Green Class4 of 10
Learning together is a great way to get those endorphins flowing. Check out your community center, community college or local shops to find classes on sustainable cooking, paper-making or even oyster farming.
RELATED ON YOURTANGO: Eco Sex Tips
Plant a Garden5 of 10
Get your hands dirty together, and then spend the spring and summer watching your garden grow. Harvest the fruits (and vegetables) of your labor as they mature, and feast on the food of love.
RELATED ON YOURTANGO: 10 Relationship Rules
Pick Fruit6 of 10
Strawberries are in season, as are many other berries. Pick a bucket or two together; then go home and turn them into something sweet. Don't have berry-picking locations near you? Check out your local farmers' market instead.
Try a Mass Transit Date7 of 10
Look online for local bus, subway, or light rail maps for your city, or pick up maps from the mass transit authority in your area; then choose a destination. It might be the last stop on a particular bus line or a cute town just an hour away.
Enjoy Some Eco-Tourism8 of 10
Whether it's an afternoon in your local botanical garden, kayaking a waterway, or visiting an earth-friendly resort, eco-tourism is a great way to spend some time together, and maybe even learn a little something about the planet.
Go For a Stroll9 of 10
Our grandparents did it. Their grandparents did it. For much of the history of the planet, it was the chosen way to have a date night. Choose a park, the woods, or a local beach. Or simply stroll around your downtown area and do some people watching.
RELATED ON YOURTANGO: Does He Really Like You?
Walk for a Cause10 of 10
Is a casual stroll too casual for you? Try walking for a cause instead. Whether you're walking dogs for the local shelter or participating in a walkathon, walking for others will warm your hearts without warming the planet.
RELATED ON YOURTANGO: 4 Signs of a Great Date
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession