9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- Next1 of 10Trinette Reed/Getty Images
- Previous Next2 of 10Yuri Arcurs/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 10Winnall/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 10Sam Edwards/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 10Thomas Barwick/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 10Trinette Reed/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 10Betsie Van Der Meer/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 10Thomas Barwick/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 10Lukasz Laska/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 10Thomas Barwick/Getty Images
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a WomanWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
- 9 Lies You Should Tell Yourself
Don't Speak1 of 10
Listen up, guys. Cosmopolitan shares nine remarks that are as good as putting your foot directly into you mouth. Woe to the man who utters them around any woman.
"Men are more rational, and women are more emotional."2 of 10
And cats like the color red, and dogs will only listen to Jason Derulo, and that ficus bush is your cousin. Oh, I thought we were making nonsense statements.
"You're not like other women, you're cool."3 of 10
I know you're trying to compliment me, but saying that I'm the super-chill "loophole" in an otherwise-lame gender is offensive to me as a woman who loves women.
RELATED ON COSMOPOLITAN: 16 Things People Say That They Don't Actually Mean
"You're funny/smart for a girl."4 of 10
OMG thank you! I hope to rise above the ranks and someday be considered smart for a human, but this is a great honor.
RELATED ON COSMOPOLITAN: 15 Things Nobody Tells You About Relationships
"Girls all want to marry rich."5 of 10
Some girls want to marry rich. Other girls want to marry the person they love, whether s/he is rich or poor or an alien who uses peacock feathers as currency. And other girls don't want to get married! So like, that's how that works.
"I don't get why women love jerks."6 of 10
Yeah, actually, that whole thing where you pretend to be a jerk to make women like you will only work on women who don't like themselves. And that's doomed to fail, really.
RELATED ON COSMOPOLITAN: 5 First Date Outfits and What They Say About You
"Women don't like nice guys."7 of 10
See above, and no, we're not nuts about self-proclaimed "Nice Guys" who sit around acting hurt that no girls like them. You're not entitled to sex just because you held the door for a woman.
"You're secretly just waiting to quit work and be a housewife, aren't you?"8 of 10
Nope, but even if I was, there'd be nothing wrong with it. Being a housewife with kids is work.
RELATED ON COSMOPOLITAN: 10 Things Guys Don't Want You To Know
"Women can't drive."9 of 10
We don't have, like, giant tampons for heads. Don't be a moron.
RELATED ON COSMOPOLITAN: 14 Things That Are No Longer Fun in Your Late 20s
"Calm down."10 of 10
I ... I can't.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession