Advice From "Grandma Glo"
An Author Shares The Relationship Wisdom She Learned From Her Grandmother
There's a difference between dedicating yourself to a man and losing yourself in him.
Ever since I was a kid, I feared that the commitment I felt toward my personal goals would scare men away. After all, how often have we been told that strong women are "intimidating" to men? Grandma emphasized how important it is to give a man his space, and to pursue your own ways of staying occupied. ("You live your life, and he lives his," Grandma said.) Without her own interests and identities firmly intact, it's easy for a woman to lose herself in her relationship. Glo taught me that a man doesn't love a woman because she strives to be the best possible wife or girlfriend to him, cooking and cleaning and doing everything "right." Rather, she said "he loves her simply because she exists."
- 10 Creative Braids You Have to See to Believe
- Fitness Clothes You Can Wear Outside the Gym
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- How to Clean Your House in 10 Minutes
- 10 Things You Can Never Change About a Man
- 10 Tricks For Faking Bigger Eyes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession