How to Agree to Disagree
Sometimes couples who fight together, stay together—and they're better for it
5. What (Not) to Wear
The Fight: I have a pair of jeans, I have a pair of shoes, I have this one sweater I like. We're done here. Or, as my girlfriend would say, I look like a 50-year-old step dad who has stopped caring.
The Fundamental Disagreement: At first, I thought this was also about how we spend our money. But it's actually not. It's about how we present ourselves and what dressing the part means to each of us.
How We Deal: We buy each other clothes. In some ways, we deal with this by deciding that it isn't a fundamental disagreement. Look, there are plenty of things about your partner that you'll never be able to change—what they think is funny, their nose for drama, their nose—so we've decided to embrace one of the few things that we easily can.
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession