An Open Letter to My Trainer
Writer Julieanne Smolinski offers her sincerest mea culpa
For another thing, I am dealing with what I am fairly certain is a repeat stress injury in my right hand. Maybe it's because I use my phone quite a bit (for work, and tracking calories), or maybe it's because the new gloves I bought for jogging are weirdly tight, which is why I have only used them for lower-intensity activities, like short elevator rides or walking from the office to a cab.
In any case, my one thumb is just constantly sore. A thumb doesn't sound much but just try to go a day without using yours! I did once, when the Internet was down at work. I told my doctor that it hurts when I bend my thumb, and he said, "Don't bend your thumb." I don't have insurance and these free clinic guys are real clowns.
Furthermore—and I'm not sure if you know this—but Christina Braverman has been fighting a serious illness, which has been very hard on her son, Max, who you may recall has autism. The whole thing has been a lot for me to deal with, emotionally. The Bravermans are characters on my favorite NBC dramedy, Parenthood.
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession