An Open Letter to My Trainer
Writer Julieanne Smolinski offers her sincerest mea culpa
You can't win every day, and I know it's important not to beat myself up when I have a bad week or two, nutritionally. The important thing is that I feel good, and my pants are looser. (In addition to gloves, I also bought several new pairs of "comfy pants.")
I wanted to tell you that I genuinely miss our time together. It may not have looked like I loved running up and down the gym, holding a medicine ball over my head with one hand while trying to keep my sweatshirt from flying up with another, while you stood there and shouted encouragement at me. You have no idea how inspirational you have been. Sometimes just seeing somebody who looks a little like you on the street is enough to make me emotional, which is why you may have seen me crossing the street hastily, if indeed that was you.
I hope 2013 is going great for you, Charles, and maybe we can start again. Of course, we'll have to wait until after the baby is born. I mean, of course, Kim and Kanye's.
Yours in health,
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession