Are Your Pals Sabotaging You?
Beware of misleading dating advice from friends
The lesson for women here, when trying to determine what men find attractive, is to pay close attention to both who is offering affirmation, and who isn't. You'll rarely hear a woman say, "Sweetie, time for you to cut back on the booze. Your skin looks awful." A man will say it ... in the form of a rejection, leaving the woman perplexed.
2. "You can do better."
This statement is dangerous because it feeds the idea that we "deserve" a certain caliber of partner. It's also misleading because, in many cases, water has sought its own level. Meaning the man our friend is dating is exactly what she prefers, consciously or unconsciously. Therefore, she possibly can't do better.
ON YOURTANGO: Online Dating - How To Weed Out Bad Matches
Due to all the self-flagellation that occurs when women get together, women sometimes develop an over-inflated or distorted perception of themselves. Also, if it's true that we can do better, we should always remember that he probably thinks he can too.
- 10 ways to wear fashion's most addictive trend
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- Throw a 1920s themed party this holiday season
- The Ultimate Modern-Day Dining Guide
- How to have a work "husband"
- Totally Inappropriate Vintage Holiday Cards
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession