Bad News Beau
What You Shouldn't Say to a Pal Who's in a Toxic Relationship
"I know you're engaged now, but…"
When a boyfriend becomes a fiancé, you want to be even more cautious about discussing your worries regarding your friend's relationship. "Before you voice your concerns—especially if they've gone as far as making a commitment—think through sharing your thoughts and advice, to how she might handle it," says Haupert. "Remember how important her friendship is to you. Is this an issue that could cost you your relationship with her?"
The experts agree on treading lightly—or, at this point, perhaps not at all. "Remember that what you share is going to be remembered for a very long time, probably forever," says Yager. "So unless it's something that needs to be pointed out and said because it's life-threatening, see if you can encourage your friend to open her own eyes to what you see."
- Leo's annual astrological guide
- 9 Style Staples Every 30-Year-Old Should Own
- Christian Louboutin for your nails
- 11 Affordable Ways To Decorate A Blank Wall
- How To Look Like Jenny McCarthy In Your 40s
- 10 Shocking Stories About Returning Clothes
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession