The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- Next1 of 15Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next2 of 15Focus Features/Photofest
- Previous Next3 of 15Hulton Archive/Getty Images
- Previous Next4 of 15Warner Bros./Photofest
- Previous Next5 of 15United Artists/Photofest
- Previous Next6 of 15Alfred Eisenstaedt/Pix Inc./Time & Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 15Corbis
- Previous Next8 of 15Twentieth Century Fox/Photofest
- Previous Next9 of 15Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next10 of 15Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next11 of 15New Line Cinema/Photofest
- Previous Next12 of 15Paramount Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next13 of 1520th Century Fox/Photofest
- Previous Next14 of 15Walt Disney Pictures/Photofest
- Previous Next15 of 15Twentieth Century Fox/Photofest
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes5 Zodiac Signs That Party Hard
- Find out why some signs will never be BFFs
- Hollywood Hunks of Every Sign
- Yoga Poses for Every Sign
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- What Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
His & Hers Halloween1 of 15
By Paige Brettingen & Shannan Rouss
Going to a Halloween party with a plus one? From the classic to the curious, here are 14 costume ideas for couples.
Clementine & Joel2 of 15
Ladies, have fun picking from one of Clementine's many eccentric hair colors seen during Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Guys, vary your emotional state throughout the night—from hopelessly in love to sullenly depressed. Wearing a memory-erasing device is optional.
Elvis & Priscilla3 of 15
If your guy enjoys hamming it up, then he'll appreciate this pairing. He can do his best Elvis impersonation while you look on lovingly. Be sure to copy Priscilla's dramatic liquid-lined eye and pale pink lips for the utmost in authenticity.
Bonnie & Clyde4 of 15
The infamous gangster couple is one of the easiest last-minute couples' costumes to assemble with pieces you likely already own: a suit (preferably pin-striped) and fedora for men; a pencil skirt and short-sleeved sweater for women—just don't forget the stylish beret—like this one for $11.
Annie & Alvy5 of 15
Another easy last-minute option that only requires a hat and tie for women to get into character. To nail Woody Allen's neurotic Alvy, glasses are a must.
Sailor & Nurse6 of 15
Perfect for the couple who wants an excuse to be lip locked all evening long, this look is easy to achieve with an all-white look for you and a classic sailor hat for him. If anyone asks who you're supposed to be, just replicate the famous "V-J Day in Times Square" smooch.
American Gothic7 of 15
Replicate this iconic (and slightly haunting) Grant Wood painting from 1930. Surprising bit of trivia: The subjects are not husband and wife; they're actually the sister and father of the painter.
Westley & Buttercup8 of 15
Bring the beloved Princess Bride couple to life with a long empire-waist red dress and blindfold. For guys, The Man in Black's mustache is a must.
Harold & Maude9 of 15
To get the look of this cult-film classic (and very unlikely romantic pair), we suggest braiding your hair like this, snagging a '70s-style overcoat at any thrift shop and adding this "I Make 79 Look Good" T-shirt for an extra comedic touch.
Holly & Paul10 of 15
This is way more interesting that the typical Audrey Hepburn costume, but unlike Holly Golightly and Paul Varjak in Breakfast at Tiffany's, we do not recommend stealing your masks. Instead, you can track down custom-painted replicas here for $45.
Sid & Nancy11 of 15
For something more edgy, consider going as Sex Pistols bassist and his doomed girlfriend Nancy. The volatile couple epitomized the '70s punk rock scene. Check out the 1986 bipoic for inspiration.
Sandy & Danny12 of 15
You can do either sweet Sandy or sexy, post-makeover Sandy, depending on your mood. As for him, the pompadour's a must for rocking the greaser look. (Note: You should probably have the lyrics to "The Grease Megamix" memorized—just in case the night heads in the direction of a karaoke bar.)
Romeo & Juliet13 of 15
Baz Luhrmann's take on the star-crossed lovers offers the best interpretation of their look.
Mary Poppins & Bert14 of 15
There's just something about Mary—dress as the spirited nanny and her chimney-sweeping sidekick. Soot optional.
Edward & Kim15 of 15
This makes it more of a challenging costume for the guy than the girl in this duo. But guys, the scissor hands show commitment. And it will earn you bonus points. Trust us.
NEXT ON GLO: 11 Most Original Costumes for 2013