Better Than "I Love You"
11 ways to show a guy you really, really care
2. Making His Favorite Meal
That old adage is true: “The best way to a man's heart may be through his belly,” says Dr. Dow. “Knowing what he likes to eat without having to ask him demonstrates how well you know him. And the couples I've treated who know small details about each other have the happiest marriages.” But maybe your husband likes everything you make! In that case, try breaking out the pumpkin pie. Research by Alan Hirsch, PhD, of the Smell & Taste Research Foundation in Chicago has shown that that sweet scent arouses men more than other aromas.
ON WOMAN'S DAY: Delicious Heart-Healthy Meal Ideas
3. Wearing that Dress He Loves You in
Dolling up sends the message that you still want to look good for him, no matter how long you've been together. “Men's brains are wired to respond to visual cues more than women's brains,” says Dr. Dow. “Seeing you in that sexy dress shows him you desire him.” And a scarlet number may work best. A study by researchers at the University of Rochester in New York found that ladies in red are an aphrodisiac to men.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession