Find Your Sex-Confidence
- Next1 of 11Glo
- Previous Next2 of 11Baron/Getty Images
- Previous Next3 of 11George Marks/Retrofile
- Previous Next4 of 11William Vanderson/Getty Images
- Previous Next5 of 11Orlando/Getty Images
- Previous Next6 of 11Roger Viollet/Getty Images
- Previous Next7 of 11H. Armstrong Roberts/Getty Images
- Previous Next8 of 11Chaloner Woods/Getty Images
- Previous Next9 of 11Roger Jackson/Getty Images
- Previous Next10 of 11Fred Morley/Getty Images
- Previous Next11 of 11Orlando/Getty Images
- Find Your Sex-ConfidenceWhat Your PDA-Style Says About Your Relationship
- 10 Things Guys Think When They First Meet You
- 12 Dating Rules to Break Now
- 9 Things Men Should Never Say to a Woman
- What to Watch, Read & Shop in June
- 8 Things Men Learn in the First Month of Marriage
- 9 Conversations To Have Before Marriage
- 10 Things Men & Women Will Always Disagree On
- Fights Grown Women Have With Their Moms
- Best Movie Quotes for Getting Over a Breakup
- 10 Best Beach Reads for June 2014
- Life Lessons Dads Can Teach Their Daughters
- 11 Reasons to Consider Dating a Divorced Man
- 8 Things That Make Guys Feel Insecure
- 8 Proven Tips for Moving On After a Breakup
- 8 Proven Tricks to Strengthen Your Marriage
- Best "Non-Required" Reading for Moms
- 8 Life Lessons From "Sixteen Candles"
- How to Overcome a Creative Block
Relationships_sex confidence_Intro card1 of 11for sex confidence
Tap into Your Inner Diva2 of 11
By Woman's Day
Paula Bloom, Ph.D., an Atlanta-based clinical psychologist, says, “Act as if you are a sexpot. Act as if you are fabulous. Action often precedes motivation. It can change how you think and feel.”
Look at Real Women’s Bodies3 of 11
The females you’re seeing in the media are often not realistic representations of the average American woman. Take a mini-media break, says Bloom: “This can be an important reminder that sexy comes in all sizes—including your own.”
Think About Your Body’s Strength4 of 11
“Focus on images that remind you of your body's power, like childbirth, running, climbing or dancing — rather than how you look in the dressing room mirror," says Bloom.
RELATED ON WOMAN'S DAY: What's Your Sex I.Q.?
Turn on the Music5 of 11
If you really want to get into a sexy mood, try putting on a CD. “Music is a wonderful, and healthy, mood-altering substance. Sexy music can influence how you feel about yourself,” Bloom says.
Take a Break from Facebook6 of 11
In a study appearing in the journal CyberPsychology & Behavior, researchers found that the more time people spent on sites like Facebook, the more jealousy they felt regarding their romantic partners.
RELATED ON WOMAN'S DAY: Sex Q&A
Ask for What You Want7 of 11
Bloom says, “Practice asking firmly and specifically for what you want during the day … The more comfortable you are with articulating your needs in the world, the better you'll be at doing it with your partner.”
Watch Fewer Romantic Comedies8 of 11
Bloom cites research that found a correlation between these films and relationship dissatisfaction. “Sometimes they can create an unrealistic view of relationships,” she explains. “Women end up thinking their relationships fall short.”
Invest in a Dimmer Switch9 of 11
One of the easiest ways to go from “I just can’t get in the mood,” to “Honey, tonight’s the night!” is as simple as dimming the lights, says Debby Herbenick, Ph.D.
RELATED ON WOMAN'S DAY: Let's Talk About Sex
Stop Looking at the Clock10 of 11
If you’ve seen a love scene in a movie recently, it can be easy to deduct that great sex should last hours. A 2008 study that surveyed top sex therapists in Canada and the U.S. found that sex classified as “normal and good” lasts three to 13 minutes.
Buy Some New Lingerie11 of 11
A quick and easy way to boost sexual self-esteem from a 2 to a 10 is with some flattering new lingerie — especially if your size has fluctuated recently. “Wear things that fit you now, don't constrict and are made of a sensual material," says Bloom.
- 7 Ways to Grow Out Your Bangs Gracefully
- Virgo's Personalized Astrological Guide
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- The Ultimate Guide to Granny Chic
- Esquire: 14 Books Every Man Should Read
- 10 Style Rebels Who Changed Fashion
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession