A Message For Moms: It's Okay To Not Do It All
One day I woke up and couldn't feel my face. It was totally numb, as was my arm and hand. I attributed it to sleeping wrong and brushed it off. The numbness lasted throughout the day and into the next morning. Over the course of nearly six months, I was tested for Lupus, MS, brain tumors and a million other ailments.
Thank God all the tests came out negative, and I was basically told I was the picture of health. Finally my doctor suggested that I take a light prescription tranquilizer to test a theory that she had. Guess what? The numbness went away.
My body was reacting to stress, and it showed itself in the form of numbness. I decided at that moment that I didn't have to be the perfect mother. I let go of the guilt and worried about the important things. In other words, I didn't stress over the small stuff. I decided I was going to be Mommy, plain old Mommy. I was going to be there for my kids and replace quantity with quality.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession