Caroline Rules: Welcome Home?
"Real Housewife" Caroline Manzo offers advice on what to do when your grown-up kid moves back in
- Jerritt Clark/WireImage
The Dilemma: My 28-year-old son recently moved back home. He's in between jobs and looking for work. (He wants to do something in the music industry.) While he's very smart and talented, I'm worried that being at home is making him lazy. He seems to spend more time on the couch than out looking for a job. It has been three months and my husband says we should let him stay for a year. I think that's too long, but I don't want to be the bad guy. I understand he may not get the job he wants, but at some point he may need to take any job just so he can get off the couch and start making his own money. Any advice on how to handle this?
Caroline's Ruling: I admire both you and your husband for allowing your son to come back home so he can save some money while following his dream. However, he has to be proactive. I don't necessarily think you should put a time limit or cap on his residency, what I think you should be concentrating on is his desire to make something of his life.
- The ultimate guide to freckled skin
- Decor inspiration from your favorite TV shows
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- Never Say These Things About Your Ex
- Glo Challenge: Beauty Blogger Makeunder
- What men really think of 10 fall trends
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession