Caroline Rules: Move In or Move On?
"Real Housewife" Caroline Manzo on cohabitation
- Jerritt Clark/WireImage
The dilemma: My boyfriend and I are both in our 30s and have been together for more than a year. Lately we've been talking about moving in together, but haven't been able to make a real decision either way. I've lived with two other boyfriends in the past and things didn't work out. Now my family and friends are pressuring me to NOT move in unless I'm engaged or "about to be engaged." But is a year enough time to be ready to get engaged to someone? Maybe we should continue dating and postpone moving in? Or maybe it's time to move on altogether if neither of us is ready to make a more serious commitment?
Caroline's ruling: It sounds to me as if you're very confused about the relationship in general. The simple fact that you feel compelled to go your separate ways because you're not certain about moving in together could be a red flag. At this point, you should be comfortable enough to have a conversation regarding your future.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession