How to Handle Meddling Parents
Caroline Manzo puts the real in The Real Housewives of New Jersey, and her fans relate to the reality star's no-nonsense attitude, focus on family and, above all, abundant common sense. In this column, Caroline helps solve your most pressing dilemmas.
The Dilemma: I'm a 35-year-old woman and have no prospects for a husband, let alone a boyfriend. I love my parents dearly, but they incessantly pester me about why I'm not married yet. If I knew, then I'd tell them. (I do want to get married and have kids one day.) Their disappointment on top of my own is like pouring salt on a wound. How do I respectfully deal with my parents while staying hopeful that I'll meet "the one"?
Caroline's Ruling: I really hate to say this, but your love life is none of your parents' business. Please don't let their pressing you make you feel less than adequate. Respect them always, but you have to hold your ground and ask them to step aside and let you live your life.
There's plenty of time for you to find the right guy and settle down.
- 30 Books Every Woman Should Read by 30
- Hey, Stud! 8 Statement Earrings
- Doh! The MAC x The Simpsons collection is finally
- Bizarre beauty secrets from backstage
- 9 Must-Have Laundry Room Upgrades
- Signs You're a Social Media Narcissist
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession