Change It Up
Real Women Reveal How They Successfully Made Major Life Changes
A Clean Slate
Mary Price, 69, became a substance-abuse counselor after getting clean and going back to school. "I didn't always get 100 percent, but I always passed," says Price, who graduated with an 87 average. "Sometimes good enough is good enough."
Price's advice: Pat yourself on the back. Congratulate yourself on each small victory, whether it's finishing your homework or passing a test. "While I was in school, each time I looked in the mirror, I felt prouder and prouder of my accomplishments."
ON WOMAN'S DAY: How to Deal with Difficult Co-Workers
- How to Be Funny: 9 Essential Tips
- 9 Mistakes That Are Aging Your Hair
- New shopping service makes office-wear effortless
- How To Dress Like Your Favorite Cartoon
- 15 Most Unforgettable Celebrity Brows
- 9 Ways Your House Can Help You Stay Fit
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession