Change It Up
Real Women Reveal How They Successfully Made Major Life Changes
A Clean Slate
Mary Price, 69, became a substance-abuse counselor after getting clean and going back to school. "I didn't always get 100 percent, but I always passed," says Price, who graduated with an 87 average. "Sometimes good enough is good enough."
Price's advice: Pat yourself on the back. Congratulate yourself on each small victory, whether it's finishing your homework or passing a test. "While I was in school, each time I looked in the mirror, I felt prouder and prouder of my accomplishments."
ON WOMAN'S DAY: How to Deal with Difficult Co-Workers
- How to look effortlessly hot at the gym
- The 14 Best Couples' Halloween Costumes
- The only way to celebrate National Cat Day
- The Best Guest Beds Under $999
- 8 Bargain Shopping Tricks You've Never Tried
- The 22 Most Bizarre Names For Wall Paints
- Gotta Have It: Glo's Latest Obsession